Chapter 8: Crying over toast

A/N: PSSSST, THIS CHAPTER INVOLVES A WRITTEN DESCRIPTION OF PTSD, THOUGH VAGUE- IF YOU HAVE ANY SORT OF TRIGGER FROM THIS PLEASE SKIP THROUGH THE CHAPTER TO THIS GUY! 🐣 HE LOVES YOU VERY MUCH- TAKE CARE OF YOUR MENTAL HEALTH PLEASE!!

...

You wake up to your early alarm. 6AM! It was surprising because you expected to sleep through it- and 2 others, waking up hours later. Luckily, the excitement you were feeling fuelled you into the next day. You lay in bed and mindlessly scroll through Tiktoks on your phone- before realisation kicks in and you head out of bed to get ready.

Today was the first day of your training, the reason why you were here in the first place. You were so excited, getting to hear about other agents and their abilities and skills got you curious about your own.

The only thing coming to mind so far was some kind of animal-based skill like Skye, as she was also from Australia- although from a different area to you. She had ANIMAL SIDEKICKS, it was a super cool ability, similar to Gekko's. You stared into your bathroom mirror, mortified at the idea that you may turn into a werewolf today. You and your reflection could not handle the idea of that, you choked out a loud laugh. spitting your toothpaste out aggressively and having to clean it off your new mirror.

Sage had provided you with an A4 paper when you first arrived, it had somewhat of a uniform policy written on. Not your typical school dress code, no this list made sure that what you were wearing: "Isn't flammable, won't tear in all the wrong places under excess movement," as well as "BULLETPROOF!!" You were shaking in your boots reading through it, you were really lucky that VALORANT provided you with most armour, because your pinterest-looking attire was most likely not bullet-proof. (yet)

You felt a bit like Miles Morrales as you pulled on a black, skin-tight suit with pink accents. You covered it with a grey belt and fancy, chunky, platform boots. (you know we had to do it to 'em) You put your hair up in your comfy go-to style and gave your fit one last check in your wall mirror. Yep that'll do! (<- read that in Shrek's voice please)

You were out of your room by 7:30AM, deciding to sneak in some breakfast before training started at 8:30, damn this schedule! You were able to roam the dark halls on your own, the silence was a little unsettling, but you had bigger fish to fry today.

You found a shared area, with a little kitchen. It was empty of any agents, as far as you could tell. You decided to look for something to eat in there, as you were unlikely to meet with anyone and share awkward cereal talk. Honestly, if you went upstairs instead, to the super massive lobby area, you'd DEFINITELY see someone, and that someone could be Yoru.

You wandered into the pantry, it was considerably large and had so much food. You were very suspicious of the amount of snacks, checking for any labels and expiry dates. Oh my God, it's all new, it's almost like they refilled it TODAY. No, this is too good to be true.

You had around an hour to make something for breakfast, so you had lots of options, TOAST. Hell yeah! Toast was the way to go, you toasted it to a light brown and picked your favourite topping/s from the pantry, time to lay it on thick!

"Y/N. Finally I meet you." The most velvety voice you've ever heard. You feel startled but also frozen. You turn to your left, not sure what to expect.

A dark-dressed woman stood behind you inquisitively. Her heterochromatic eyes were piercing deep within you. She was entrancing to look at, you almost felt dazed, unable to process anything about her.

*ZZZZZZZZZZZZT* Your vision suddenly goes pitch black. You can vaguely see the woman in front of you, unable to identify her.

"Y/N! Y/N WAKE UP!" Frantic screams appear from someone familiar. Close by. You're in your bed, back home in your childhood room. Cold sweats begin chilling every inch of your skin.