4

Chuuya glared at Kouyou as she almost fell of her chair pissing herself laughing

"It's not FUNNY" This only seemed to be even more amusing to her as she just continued to hold onto her desk for dear life, pissing herself with laughter.
Eventually she calmed down and got herself together, Chuuya however was boiling with rage "he partnered me up with Dazai. Dazai!"

Kouyou sat up, still grinning of course "Chuuya I'm surprised you didn't seen it coming because the two of you work well together. Now i know you're smart enough to know that much"

"But it just makes no sense to me, why would Mori do that knowing how much he hurt both me and the mafia."
Chuuya stared out the window filling in the silence.
"I know it'll be hard but you just have to trust us on this. You and Dazai work perfectly together. Don't forget it's only temporary." Chuuya felt his heart spike slightly but shut it down quickly. "This is a life or death situation, we need the best we can get if we want to protect our city. Yokohama means a lot to us and the people of it, theres no mistake in that."

The silence continued, it was almost as if Kouyou had said nothing, but Chuuya's mind was running wild.

"Thank you for you're time Kouyou, I'll talk with you later"
He ignored almost everything Kouyou had said while She only smiled warmly at him.
"Take care of yourself in the meantime, you have you're first mission tomorrow."

Chuuya stoped halfway into standing up from his chair "tomorrow? It's hardly a mission, we just need to go and investigate certain locations. That's all."

"If you say so" Kouyou pulled out her phone opening it.

By now Chuuya had enough and began for the door intending not to say another word knowing it would spike up another conversation.

.

.

.

.

"So, Dazai is working with his former partner for the first mission soon, How do you feel?" Yosano had one eye closed trying to focus on a target to throw her paper airplane at. She was sat with her legs crossed on the edge of her desk, completely unfocused.

Kunikida looks up from his paperwork, standing tall next to Yosano's desk.

"Whatever happened to 'hello Kunikida, how has your day been?'"

Yosano rolled her eyes "oh calm down will you? Its just a question not everyone is as formal as you are- oh fuck"

Kunikida's eyes followed the paper airplane as it completely missed the target, cursing.
He looked back down at his paper work, narrowing his eyes.

"You were previously in the mafia correct? Does it bother you that we are working with Mori?"

Yosano began making another paper airplane with some of Atsushi's unfinished paperwork which he would later discover. She froze at the question before going back to her paper airplane making.

"Way to change to subject i guess...Honestly I'm not really bothered, I've started to cope better with the trauma he oh so kindly gave me and we are working with him for our city, not because he's a good person because we all know he's not"

Kunikida didn't respond, he just stared at her. (almost in a creepy way) she stared back in an attempt to make him uncomfortable.

He was clearly in his own world.

"Helloooo earth to kunikida??"

Kunikida jumped up slightly "right yes sorry. Do you and Dazai talk about your experiences in the mafia, if so what was his like?"

Yosano, now weirded out by all the questions, stared at him in confusion.

"Yeah, me and Dazai talk but has he not told you anything? You are his boyfriend after all i dont see why you wouldn't know this."

"I never really asked about his experience in the mafia, it sounds like a sensitive subject."

"Yes and no" she placed her new airplane to the side "I would say the only thing Dazai is still hung up on is the death of his friend, the one who convinced him to leave. That's the only thing that still affects him but everything else i think he's ok about...I think"

Kunikida hummed in response, a friend who had died...?

"Dazai never told me about a friend dying, are you sure?"

Yosano looked almost shocked, she turned to him with a confused look "you're joking right?" He stared back at her confused.

Thats when it clicked. "holy shit you literally know nothing do you? Literally everyone in this agency knows about his friend dying how the hell don't you know?"

Kunikida felt a pang in his heart and more to come after that. Like a bomb had been dropped directly on top of it. That's when he realised he knew very little about his boyfriend.

And that hurt.

"His name, what was his name" he asked almost too desperately.

"Now that's something none of us know" there was a short silence before Yosano's phone began to ring putting a smile on her face.

With that she walked out chatting away without even saying goodbye to a very confused and hurt Kunikida.

He sat down on the edge of his desk as his legs caved in, it was against his ideals to be slouchy and sit on the desk rather than the chairs but he was far too focused on other things.

How much more didn't he know about Dazai? What wasn't he telling him and why? How many people have noticed the clear lack of communication in the relationship?

What was his relationship with Chuuya more importantly. Well, thats what he was trying to figure out to start with.