Theater And The Hold It Had On Me

I would consider myself to be a very loud person. I always have been from practically the moment I was born. As to be expected since I pretty much came out of the womb singing Old McDonald Had A Farm. So it was only natural that by the time middle school came around, I insisted that I should be in theater.

    Theater in sixth grade was everything I could possibly wish for. Everything from learning about the stage, pantomiming, singing sometimes, it was all so surreal. However, one aspect always stuck out to me, the writing.

    We had the opportunity to write our own pieces sometimes and perform them afterwards. Something about getting your own chance to write these scripts or monologues that can come to life in front of your eyes really stuck with me. Sure, performing was always my favorite part, but I was surprised with how much I loved the writing process.

    It never really processed in my head just how much I enjoyed writing until we did more and more writing in that theater program. Theater 1 and Theater 2 all had multiple writing assignments, some that have even stuck with me to high school. Any time a writing project came around, I would be happier than a golden retriever puppy going to a dog park with treats galore.

    I always assumed that since I hate reading, I must hate writing too. I mean, they're both taught together, so why do I love one more than the other??? I treated it like loving American history but hating World history. They're both history, so why is it that one is appreciated more???

    But now that I'm older and less of an idiot, I relized that not liking a subject does not at all equal your hobbies. You can not like history but spend you free time memorizing every single US president! You can not like math but still do your brothers homework in your free time since he's too dumb to do it! You can not like science but still like mixing your lunch in chocolate milk!

    Ok that last one is a bit of a stretch but still, my point still stands. I'm proud of the fact that I like writing! It was a difficult journey to go through, but it worked out all right in the end.

    Also I still dont like reading.