Chapter 32 - Stained Marbles

WARNING: Character death, mentions of blood.

"Where am I?" Avery's voice trembled - which really was no surprise as she shook like a leaf.

One moment she was at the corridor with him, the next she was sprawled in a dark, wet, hard marble floor.

She remembered nothing.

Absolutely nothing - everything felt cold, foreign and surreal.

Groaning as her head pounded, she tried to move her limbs in order to eventually get up.

Futile - that's what it was.

"What the -" she muttered. She couldn't move. How couldn't she move? She couldn't fucking move anything below her neck. Spinning her head around in terror, she felt cold sweat down her spine. How on Merlin -

"Anyone here?!" She yelled and almost screamed in utter frustration.

It was chilling. The only sound of a response she got, was the haunting echo of her own voice.

She had no clue where the fuck she was - she only knew she was bound immobile by invisible chains - as if her limbs had been frozen solid, and that she could not hear anyone else near.

Suddently, a ripple.

The slight sound of water made her head snap towards the direction of the sound - yet nothing.

Complete darkness - a thick void around her with no exit.

Yet the sound became clearer by the seconds. She could hear water. Yet the sound was so specific. It wasn't running water - no. It was ...

It was the sound of someone moving on water.

Or something.

"Anyone here?!?" She gasped with false hope. "I - I'm Ruth Avery. I've been brought here! I demand to be released immediately! T-Tom fucking Riddle left me here -"

Her neck hurt being twisted to look at the sound of the ripple, so she leaned back to rest her head on the marble as she waited for a response.

Fucking Riddle and his games. She'd show him - he'd never see another day after this. She shouldn't have messed with the goons around him or the mudblood whore he entertains. He'd be the next target when she got out of there - for good.

Fuck his plans, she'd rule their pureblooded club.

The darkness above her wasn't so dark anymore - maybe it was her eyes adjusting to the low lighting. She could surely but barely see the marble ceiling.

And then - movement. A thick, moving thing above her.

A monster.

And maybe her eyes adjusting was an act of mercy by Salazar himself - a mercy for the Avery line remaining pureblooded. A mercy Tom would not have really given her.

Because she didn't have any time to register what she saw. No time to be frightened. To be attacked. She just froze - body and soul.

All she saw just before her blood painted the mossy marbles, was a pair of hungry, yellow monstrous eyes.

_____

"I've been worried sick!" She smacked him, wishing she had the power to inflict more damage without feeling guilty. "Where exactly were you? Did they crucio you? Did they require any -"

"Shush, witch." He smirked against her lips as he observed her glassy eyes with awe.

She was worried for him, and the all mighty Lord Voldemort were nothing but a guy with a crush in front of her. After everything, after how horrible he'd been to her, her heart had space for him.