003. COUNTLESS COMEBACKS

(Lewis' Version)

(Lewis' Version)

FINALLY, I CAN GET some peace and quiet to clear my mind of a couple things. This past race weekend in Italy wasn't how I pictured it to be. So much stress and pressure was loading up in me as time got closer to the race and I blew it all up. It was partially my fault, but the other part was because of this woman. Her name's Salina, she's the new girl apparently.

She wouldn't stop speaking through comms non-stop. Such a distraction and she acted as if she was the boss, telling me what to do during the race. Half of the nonsense that came out of that mouth of hers wouldn't have helped me throughout the race.

After I got out of my car, I made my way to the paddock to have a word with her. I was filled with rage and ignored every person that called my name out. When I saw her, I took off my helmet and unzipped my race suit to get some cool air.

That's when the two of us went off at each other. To summarize everything up, we made a big scene which wasn't needed, but it was worth to call her out. After I walked out, I left to get back to my hotel and isolated myself. Angela, my performance coach, tried contacting me, but I turned off my phone that night.

Fast forward to today, it's Monday. And I'm running a little late our post-race team conference meeting which I always attend since it's my way of getting advice from the team on how we can do better for our next race. I walk in with everyone else, waiting on me.

Toto, our team principal, starts the meeting once he sees me take a seat. Unfortunately, the only seat available for me to take is the seat across from that brat, Salina. I swear, she's full of her face. My eyes met with hers as I sit down and hands me a dirty look.

"Okay, so moving on about our results from yesterday. I know none of us expected Lewis to place thirteenth overall, but let's give a round of applause to George for placing fourth." Toto mentions, clapping his hands.

Everyone, including myself join in to clap on my teammate. He smiles, thanking everyone for the support. Glad that he placed high enough to give us some points, but deep down I'm disappointed in myself for not placing closer. The fact that I'm the main driver in this team, I feel useless right now.

My eyes lock into her eyes once again. This time the tensions even more tense than the first. It seems that I've distracted her a bit when Toto starts calling for her name. I curl a grin.

"Salina? Salina?" Toto calls for her, bringing her back into reality. She shakes her head and moves her attention to Toto who's standing at the end of the table.

"Pardon me, may you repeat what you just said?" She clears her throat, sitting up.

"I had just mentioned about the suggestions you've made the other day and I've spoken about them with the mechanics and we think they might be useful for our next race up in Miami." He explains.