015. DINNER

(Salina's Version)

(Salina's Version)

I EXIT MY BEDROOM, WALKING over to my front door as I manage to put on my earring on. Both of my parents who are cleaning up after their dinner look up at me. My mother gives me a smile. But before I can open the door, I stop to hear her speak.

"You look wonderful, sweetie." Her lips pout, feeling proud of me like I'm going to my first school dance. Which is actually the same look she gave me to my actual first school dance in intermediate school.

"Thanks, Mom. Is my hair fine?" I turn around, showcasing my blowed out hair. Earlier today, I decided to keep my hair down for tonight.

"You look perfect as ever. Have fun with your friends and don't drink too much." She crinkles her nose, pointing a finger at me. I laugh out a small laugh, smiling at her.

My father admires me quietly beside her. I look over to him with a sincere expression. The two of us were always better communicating with our expressions than with our words. That's how we worked. My mother and I are the total opposite. He opens his arms for me.

I do a quick jog over to him and accept the embrace. "You look beautiful tonight, munchkin. A little too beautiful to be hanging out with just friends." There goes his detective side coming out.

"Toto!" My mother slaps his arm.

"What? I've never seen you this dressed up to have dinner with a couple of friends. Are you sure there isn't a guy in the picture?" He looks down as I'm still in his arms, narrowing his eyes.

"Dad, I told you already—I'm having dinner with some old high school friends that I haven't seen in ages. And Nicole will be there too, so don't worry." I reassure him even though all of it is a lie. In reality, I texted Nicole about the whole situation and to cover for me while I go out to this special dinner with Lewis.

"Okay, okay. I won't budge anymore. Just be careful, London at night is not the same as it is in the day." He pats my back.

"Mhm, I know and I am fully capable to looking out for myself. And I don't be alone, I'll be with others." I hug him one last time, but tighter.

He groans. "Okay, let of me now. You're getting your perfume all over me when I just cleaned up an hour ago." My mouth drops when he tries to act sassy. My mother starts laughing, leaning herself onto my father. He laughs as well.

"Okay, I'm leaving now. I'll see you two later." I start walking to the front door, waving to them with my back facing their faces.

"Have fun!" My mother says.

MY HANDS TRY TO FEEL my surroundings

MY HANDS TRY TO FEEL my surroundings. I can feel Lewis smiling as he tries to lead me up a staircase with his hand covering my eyes. Slowly, up we go, he walks me carefully to the top. My body grows goosebumps as a gust of wind blows through us. He must be taking me up to a rooftop.

"One more step to go." He says as I grab onto his hand for support. "Okay, don't open your eyes just yet. Keep them shut, I have to position you correctly before the grand reveal."

"You're scaring me a little with all of this. And are we on a rooftop? It's a little cold up here. If you told me we were going to be outside, I would've worn something better for the occasion." I let out a small laugh, my eyes are still shut.

"Three... two... one—open!" I feel him let go of my hand before I slowly open my eyes.

I gasp loudly, covering my mouth with a hand. My eyes admire the view in front of me. It's a candle lit dinner. There's a table with two seats and so many rose petals everywhere. I watch Lewis grab a bouquet of flowers from the table.

"These are for you, doll." He looks at me with his luscious eyes and gives them to me. I'm still breathless as I take them from him.

"Did you do all of this?" I can't help looking at everything, taking a step.

"I would be lying if I said yes. Angela helped me with the roses, but for the most part, everything else was me." He's excited to tell me all of this. I glance back at him and he looks proud of himself for what he's done.

"I have no words for this. I... I'm just amazed by all of it. I don't know what to say." I chuckle at him. "This is all so very sweet of you to do. No one's ever done such a thing for me."

"I'm glad you like this." He takes my hand.

Lewis walks me over to the side where you can see the night lights of the city from afar. I don't think I've ever been in this part of London. It's beautiful and seems so peaceful compared to where my apartment is. I smile with the thought of how gorgeous this view is.

"Where are we?" I ask him, my eyes are still glued to the view in front of me.

"We're at my house. Well, the rooftop of my house. Thought I'd keep is intimate and private for our first formal date." He reveals to me as I travel my eyes back at his gaze.

"This is your house?" My eyebrows raise up. He nods.

"It's beautiful here. I mean the view is—it's just spectacular too look at. You can see everything from here." I gesture a hand towards the city.

"My view right now is even more beautiful in my opinion." He grabs me by my waist, forcing me to look at him back into those mesmerizing eyes of his. I feel his hand caress my cheek as the two of us lean closer to each other.

He pulls me in and takes in my lips for a deep kiss. Woah, didn't expect to start off strong, but I'm loving it already. My hands find his muscular chest as his own hands find my lower back. Kissing Lewis is like getting your dream job. I guess I got both of those, but it's an amazing feeling.

I pull away, out of breath. "We should probably eat first before we start doing anything." I chuckle.

He leans his forehead on mines, closing his eyes. "You're right. I almost lost control with myself there for a second. Come on, I'll seat you down."

My eyes peer down at the table and see that the chairs are across from each other. I narrow my eyes and jog over to one of the chairs to place it next to the other chair. "There, so we can eat together." I smile.

"I actually love this concept. How are you so smart?" He does a quick peck on my forehead.

"Genes from my mother of course." I pretend to dust off my shoulders as he pulls out a chair for me. "Thank you, you fine looking gentleman."

"Anytime, doll." Lewis winks. Gosh, I almost fold right in front of him. He definitely knows he's hot. But that makes him look even more hot in my opinion. I love self-aware men.

The night goes by surprisingly fast. Lewis surprised me with a home cooked meal. I have to say, the food was really good. I didn't think he was such an amazing cook, but it's like everyone had already expected that. Lewis Hamilton is a man full of talents. We finish the night off with desert. And it's not exactly the dessert others might think it is.

Sweeter than dessert.

I end up staying over his house without any warning. We just couldn't bare to be apart for the rest of the night. My parents must be worried sick as I've fallen asleep, missing their calls and text messages. I'll just have to deal with it in the morning and figure out a way to make up an excuse while having Nicolette back me up for support.