017. TRUST

(Salina's Version)

(Salina's Version)

I LET OUT A LAUGH, swaying in my desk chair. I'm now in Spain in my office of the motor home. It's been about two weeks since I had my first date with Lewis and we've grown a lot closer than ever. I'm on the phone with him as he's all the way down in the paddock on a little break before attending his first free practice.

"Have I told you that I miss you yet? I haven't seen you since this morning." He asks me through the phone. I make a small laugh again.

"About six times since you've called me." I lean my back on my chair, staring at the ceiling.

"My bad, I must have forgotten haha. What are you doing right now? I want you to come down here before I go to practice." He pleads me.

"I have to answer a couple of more emails, but I'll try see you after. If not then, I can make some time later tonight at the hotel. We can go for a small dinner—just you and me." My finger plays around with my blonde hair.

"So it's a date?" I can feel a smirk draw on his face from behind the phone.

"If you want to call it a date, then sure why not." I chuckle. "Seven o'clock sound good for you?"

"Seven's perfect." He says.

"Okay, then. Dinner date at seven. I'll see you there, Hampty Dumpty." I write down the information on a piece of paper as a reminder to myself.

"Alright, I gotta go now. Love you, doll." He smiles.

"Love you too. Mwah." I send a kiss through the phone before hanging up.

Then I hear a knock on my open door. I look up, placing my phone down. It's my father. He comes in with a serious expression on his face. Now I'm assuming he's here to give me bad news about something. "How can I help you?" I roll my chair closer to my desk.

"Are you free later tonight, your mother and I are thinking of going out for dinner in town." He informs me.

"I'm a... little busy tonight. Sorry." I grow quiet when his facial expression changes.

"You've been a lot busy nowadays, I'm glad you're enjoying your time with working for our team. But you need some rest time, Sally." He continues and turns into dad mode.

"I know, but I promise. After today, I'll stop being such a workaholic." Have it what I had just said is true. Yes, I'm somewhat of a workaholic, but the other reason why I've been busy is because of spending my free time with Lewis.

"Oh, alright. Were you on a call just now? I heard you on the phone, walking over here." He points out. Yes, yes I was, Dad.

"Yes, I was. Why?" I clear my throat.

"I was wondering if it was your mother, I know she's been busy today, but I've been trying to get in contact with her about our board meeting. Just assumed it was her since I heard you say love you too." He says, leaning back on his chair.