009. A NEW NICKNAME

(Lewis' Version)

(Lewis' Version)

A LITTLE QUIET LAUGH escapes my mouth when I react to Salina's text

A LITTLE QUIET LAUGH escapes my mouth when I react to Salina's text. I've decided to text her to let her know that some of the drivers are planning on having a couple of drinks tonight. It's a little tradition with us drivers whenever we're in Miami. Though, I have to say, I'm a little disappointed that she'll be busy.

The two of us text a little more. I type on my phone, smiling without even me noticing that I am. We continue to text when my ears hear Angela speak across from me.

"You're smiling again. Is it Salina you're texting there?" I look up at her when she asks me. My smile immediately drops.

"That's none of your concern, Angie." I roll my eyes.

"It's definitely Sally. I can see it on the reflection of his sunglasses right there." George points a finger at my black sunglasses I've decided to wear today as the three of us sit outside of the motor home.

When I hear him say that, I immediately pull up my sunglasses over and rest it on my head. "All you see are blue and gray text bubbles, you wouldn't know if it was Sally or not."

"Uh, actually I can tell whether it's Sally or not." George raises his eyebrows at me, giving me an attitude like a twelve year old girl.

"Yeah, I can tell too." Angela backs him up.

"What—how? You guys are crazy. Even if it is Salina, I don't even know why you two would make it such a big deal." I place my phone down on the table and cross my arms together.

"One; you got this smile you do whenever her name is mentioned or whenever you're near her. And two; everyone around here thinks you two are some kind of thing." He puts up fake quotation marks in the air with his fingers.

"A smile? Really, George?" I furrow my eyebrows, scoffing. "I smile at everyone, just because I also smile at her doesn't mean anything."

"It's a different smile than the smile you give George and I or anyone besides Sal." Angela apprises me.