013. CONFESSIONS

(Lewis's Version)

(Lewis's Version)

SALINA LEADS ME INSIDE of her office. I've been here a couple of times to either talk about work or just to check up on her during my free time. My eyes roam around and admire the place. She's done a little more decorating since the last time I've been here. There's a new vase of flowers on top of a shelf behind her desk.

I remember when she texted me a photo of it being delivered to her name. She got so excited, finding out it was from a fan of our team. It was a welcome present for her. But little did she know, it was secretly from me.

My lips twitch up into a smile when she places her keys and purse down on her desk. I watch her pull off her coat, revealing the outfit she wore earlier this morning. Not only does she look stunning in red, but also in white. It compliments her lip color.

"Okay, so what did you want to talk about? Is it the new order for the engines you mentioned the other day?" She asks me, busy looking down at a stack of paper.

"Uh, no. It's something else actually. Something important." I let out a sigh.

"Take a seat and we can talk about this important thing of yours." She smiles, showing me the empty seat in front of me.

"Salina, who did you meet up earlier after the race?" I don't hesitate to ask in a straight forward way.

"Just an old friend. Why?" She hasn't looked up, still fixing the things on her desk.

My throat clears. "Was that old friend Raphael?"

She immediately freezes, looking up, but not into my eyes. I want her to look at me. Why isn't she looking at me? She knows I'm right. I want to know why she met up with him.

"Yes, we just wanted to catch up. That was all. Is something wrong with me catching up with an old friend?" She scoffs, acting like nothing happened between her and Raphael in the past.

"Nicolette told me... Salina. She told me what happened." My voice grows quiet after I confess to her about me knowing.

"What?" She can barely say. "I don't understand what you mean she told you. What would she tell you?"

"That you used to be engaged to him and you broke it off because he cheated on you. Six years ago. She told me, six years ago, he broke your heart. So I want to know why you met with him privately after all of that." I reveal.

"I don't know what you're talking about." She denies, grabbing the stack of papers furiously.

"Don't try to hide it, Sally. Why did you meet up with him?" My voice grows louder.

"It's none of your business!" Salina slams the papers on her desk, shaking for her life.

My eyes widen with the shock of her reaction. I look up at her, standing right across from me. My legs get me up, meeting my eyes with hers.

"I'm sorry—I don't want to push you to say anything, I just... I don't get it, Sally. He ruined everything for you and you go and meet up with him after everything." I say, shaking my head.

"Do you want to know why?" She pauses, gulping. "I met up with him to discuss about losing all contact with him. I wanted him to know that I don't want him in my life ever again. To act as if the two of us never knew we existed because if I just convince myself hard enough, I won't have to remember the pain he caused me six years ago, Lewis."

"I'm so sorry you had to go through that. No one—especially you—deserves to go through something he put you through. You deserve the whole world, Salina. You really do. And I hope to be able to provide that for you." My right hand places over my heart.

As tears build up in her innocent eyes, she manages to speak. "What... what do you mean by that?"

"God, Salina, you don't know how thankful I am that you're in my life now. The first time I met eyes with yours, I never truly meant anything mean I've stated about you. It was all for me to push and force myself away from you. You are not just Salina Stoddart-Wolff, you are everything." I gasp for air.

"To me you are everything. I know we just met a couple of weeks ago, but you're too easy to not like." I chuckle out a little laugh. "You're different, but in a good way—in the best way possible. And for Raphael to mistake that with his stupid actions, he lost everything anyone could ask for." I express, walking around her desk.

"What are you trying to say?..." Her soft tone asks me.

"This." I take her hand, pulling her into my arms, going straight into a kiss. My hand traces down her back, pulling her as close to me as possible. This is exactly what I pictured how she tasted. Savory.

I feel her hands move up from my chest to the back of my head. Surprisingly, Salina digs herself deeper into our kiss and I willingly accept. Gosh, I could keep this going on for forever. I don't know what the hell was going on in Raphael's mind, but he sure must regret how much of a great kisser Salina is.

Can't believed I actually went in for a kiss. I kissed her. Without a warning, or without her permission. I didn't even need to decide to do it because simply there was nothing else I could have done.

I wanted—I needed that breath she was holding in she stole that night she wore that red dress. It didn't belong to anyone, not Raphael, not the two suspicious guys at the party, it belonged to me and I wanted it back.

Her warm touch grows sparks between us the more we touch each other. A couple of seconds go by and she pulls away. We're both out of breath at this point. Salina fixes her hair and feels her lips with her finger, taking in what just happened.

"I should've asked first, but I couldn't hold it in any longer." My tongue licks my lip as I look down at her.

I rub the back of my neck, growing nervous. "I guess it kind of came out and I didn't know how to put it out to you, so that's why I did... that. I wanted you to know that just because Raphael didn't want your heart doesn't mean other people won't want it. There's billions of people out in this world who are willing to want your heart. The love and care you have. And one of those billions of people happen to be me."

Salina doesn't say anything. Her eyes only lock with mines and that's it. Shit, I messed up. This is a little embarrassing. Maybe I shouldn't have went in for the kiss.

"Look, I want—" I stop and pause. "Never mind what I want. What do you want?"

"You." She answers.

Salina gets on her tip toes and wraps her arms around my neck, kissing me once again. Only this time, she went in first. I don't waste any time for this special moment and grab her waist with my hands. This feels so good, I don't think any of us want to stop. She even tastes more delicious the second time round.

I'm so caught in the moment until she pulls away, but this time, her arms are still holding onto me. "Do you want to take this somewhere else?"

I can't help but laugh. Didn't quite expect her to say that, but I'm not complaining. "Thought you'd never ask."

We go back to the hotel and... I guess you can guess what happened next. But we'll save that for another time. Just know, it was long awaited and one of the best things I've ever done. I couldn't have done anything unless it was her.