Babysitting a bratty demon(sv)

Marco sighed as Tom continued to scream about "not needing a nap" and "being a big boy". Normally Star watches him when he's little but, today she was busy and practically begged Marco to babysit for her. Marco glanced at the clock on the wall, the hours until Star's return seemed to stretch on endlessly. Tom's persistent tantrum was wearing on his nerves, and he wondered how Star managed to handle the fiery demon prince on a regular basis. Taking a deep breath, he tried to calm the situation. "Tom," Marco said in a firm but calm tone,"I know you don't want to take a nap, but it's past your naptime and you're cranky," Tom's red eyes glared back at Marco, tears of frustration welling up. "No!! m' not twired!!"He shouted, stomping his feet as he did so. Marco knew he had to take a different approach if he wanted to get through to Tom. He softened his tone calmly saying "I know you're not tired but, how about we just lay down and read a story" Tom sniffled and wiped his eyes "F-Fwine buh' m' not takin a nap" He said, Marco nodded in understanding "You don't have to take a nap, just lay down with me and we can read a story" Tom looked thoughtful for a moment before crawling up onto the bed. Tom snuggled up against his pillows as Marco opened the book, beginning to read. Before long, Tom's eyes had grown heavy and he was fast asleep, cuddled up in his blankets.

As Marco watched Tom drift into a peaceful slumber, he couldn't help but feel a sense of relief and accomplishment. The once energetic and defiant young demon prince had succumbed to the soothing rhythm of Marco's voice and the comfort of their shared reading time. It was a small victory in the battle of naptime. With Tom settled and sound asleep, Marco quietly closed the book, making sure not to disturb him. Gently, Marco adjusted the blankets, ensuring Tom was warm and cozy. With a soft smile, Marco brushed a strand of hair away from Tom's forehead, careful not to wake him. He admired the young demon prince's innocence and vulnerability in sleep, contrasting the fiery and stubborn nature he had witnessed just moments ago.

Marco's thoughts drifted back to Star, and he realized how much trust she had placed in him to care for Tom. He appreciated the opportunity to bond with the fiery demon prince and to provide support in Star's absence. As the time passed, Marco gently got up from the bedside, making sure not to disturb Tom's peaceful slumber. With a soft pat on Tom's shoulder, Marco quietly left the room, leaving the door slightly ajar. He made his way to the living room and settled into a comfortable chair. As he sat in the quiet living room, Marco decided to take advantage of the moment of solitude. He pulled out his phone to watch some random funny vids. Just as he was browsing through various videos, he heard a faint sound coming from Tom's room. It was a soft whimper, and Marco immediately got up to investigate. He quietly made his way to the bedroom, where he found Tom stirring in his sleep, looking a little restless.

"ssh it's alright," Marco whispered soothingly, sitting beside him gently stroking his hair. "You're safe, buddy. Just go back to sleep. I'm right here." Tom's eyes fluttered open, and he looked up at Marco, still half-asleep. "M-Marco?" he mumbled, his voice barely audible. "Yeah, it's me," Marco reassured him, gently stroking his hair. As Marco continued to soothe Tom, the young demon prince seemed to relax at the sound of his voice and the touch of his hand. Tom's eyes began to droop again, and he nestled into his pillows, sleepily grasping Marco's hand to make sure he wouldn't leave. "Just close your eyes and go back to sleep. I'll be right here beside you." Tom's breathing steadied, and his restless stirring gradually subsided. As the room settled into silence once more, Marco sat quietly, keeping a watchful eye on Tom to make sure he settled back into a peaceful slumber. 

When Star came home she smiled at the sight of her little and best friend both sleeping cuddled up next to each other. Quietly, Star approached the bed, careful not to disturb the sleeping pair. She gazed at them fondly, her eyes filled with a mix of relief and affection. As she stood there, Star's mind drifted back to the times she had spent with Tom, the challenges they had faced, and the moments of laughter and growth. She knew that being a babysitter for Tom was no easy task, especially given his fiery nature, but Marco had managed to handle it with grace and compassion. Star reached out and gently brushed a strand of hair away from Tom's face, her touch as light as a feather. She then turned her attention to Marco, her gaze lingering on his peaceful expression. After a moment, Star tiptoed out of the room, leaving the door slightly ajar once more. She knew that both Marco and Tom needed their rest, and she didn't want to disturb their peaceful slumber. As she made her way to the living room, she felt a sense of contentment and happiness. Settling into a chair, Star reflected on the events of the day. She had been worried about leaving Tom in someone else's care, but seeing him and Marco together had eased her concerns. It was clear that they had formed a special bond, and Star knew that her decision to ask Marco for help had been the right one.