The Curse of immortality

On my travels i found in a forest a fairy who was attacked by wolves. So me being the kind person i am slew the wolves with my blade. At that moment i did not have my trusty double edged blade but a simple sharpened piece of steel where the handel was a part of the blade which had some leather around it. I still have it even. Anyway the fairy wanted to thank me by bringing me to her queen and getting a gift. The fairy was small with wings like a fire fly. She had a flower as a dress. It happened so long ago that i can not even remember which color it had.

But what i will never forget was the fairys name. It was Rosa. So i brought her, because she was hurt, to a lake in todays ireland i think. Borders and Land masses changed a lot over the centurys. All i knew was that it grew colder and colder. Anyway i traveled to the lake with her on my shoulders. It was just a few days away anyway. I wore multiple rought clothes over my body and a hood on my shoulders. As i walked to the place she told me thousand things about her kingdom. That Rosa was the princess there, that the waters are so clean and refreshing. That the air did not stink like shit like in the human citys there. To make long things short it was paradise.

When we came there she instructed me to walk with her in the lake and so i did. I have to admit i was not the brightest at that point. When we steped through the lake the fairys on the other side were so... calm. They did not understood the concept for weaponry, battle and so on because they never needed it. Except for the little princess who could fit in my palm. Apparently only the princess was curious about the world outside of their kingdom. All the others had all the pleasures they needed be it food, drinks or amusement without doing any work because of their abilitys to grow plants and the rich soil.

I did not like it. Don't understand me wrong i like peace and so on but an entire nation without the need for work and fully without strife anger and so on. How could they understand what true happiness is when they have never tasted hardwork. The taste of failure was completely unknown to them. Because of that they also never thought of changing jobs. They just did what they always did for centurys.

While trying to contain my vomit over the state of the kingdom. i was guided to the palast. It was perfection taken form Every tree, every statue, every bit of vegetation was sculptured, placed and admired down to the last nano meter. Even the gold had the exact shine needed at the place it needed to be. The light and temperature were just the right climate to be comfortable in whatever you wear and that it never blinded you while allowing the play with the light to happen.

While i walked to the Queen numerous fairies were there dancing and playing in perfect circles. When i was finally before the queen i realised that she wore an almost see throught white cloth and that was it. When the queen saw this she chuckeled and said in a pridefull voice:" Mortals. always trying to advert there eyes from perfection. I have heard you saved my daughter. And as imperfect she may be she is still my daughter. As compensation i shall grant you immortality through on of the golden aples which grow here, a ring which enables you to store everything you want in their and a few ingots of our steel.

I, in my stupidity, ate it without asking for the consequentes. I took the ring and when i slipped it on a portal which looked like it was made out of Mercury appeared next to me when i thought of a storage for the ingots were i placed them. The ring was made out of silver and had the design of a lock. Just when i was about to leave i heard a cry from the room of the princess. I ran there and saw her mother whipping her with plamts and vegetation for being anything else then perfect. This enraged to the point that i burned down the room. I understood now that they were held in place by the queen who espects nothing less then perfection. "What if she does that also on the population?" i asked myself and quickly decided to save at least the princess.

Putting the whimpering princess in my hood i ran out of the kingdom. The queen followed me on veins and created a giant barrier to keep me from the lake. As i saw that i took every bit of magic i had in me and every bit of strengh and simply sliced downwards. The wall of plants were cleaved in two and was burning falling on the queen. I simply ran into the lake, no matter how much my lungs burned and and my legs screamed to stop i simply ran. even when i was back in the human world i ran the same way i came from two days before in hours.

When i finally stopped the little fairy came out of my hood and asked in with her tiny voice why i helped her. "Well i saw you and you needed help. So i helped. It is that easy." i answered. Because of the answer she began laughting until her sides hurt and she asked: "well i can not come back home. So can i come with you?" Laughting i simply put her on my shoulder and walked into the direction of my home.

Neither of us knew at that moment what journey i would make which would circumspance multiple universes and was filled with tragedy.