A small smile works wonders

Do you know how i gained entrance to the throne of heroes.
Well after i laid waste to the kingdom of the bastard and defeated him, read turned him inside out literally, i traveled around a lot more fought in the wars of kings and queens and for everyone who had money. I slaughtered hundreds of people while also advancing my skills in swordsmanship to constantly new peaks adapting to every field there was. And with each battle i realise something more and more.
Humanity simply was not worth the fight. Constantly demanding things and fighting over useless things like useless metal, land, race, beauty and belongings. Humanity has to make long story short lost it's honor while also being devoured in a constant stream of wrath, hate, violence, envy, fear, pride and greed without having any good qualitys whatsoever.
At that point i never understood what good rosa saw in humanity, because for me they were nothing but the worst and most mindless beings out there.
But on one fatefull day i went through a village. I wore my full plate armor so i was made room when they saw me with a hood and helmet hiding my ears. When i looked in one of the sidestreets i saw a little girl.
She was beaten black and blue from an old man and women because she apparently stole a moldy loaf of bread from the trash. After i beat them up i gave her some of my rations and helped her to recover. Her hair was full of fat and her clothes were lumps of barely held together pieces of cloth so i gave her a few of mine from the antique. "wow. was that magic?" she asked looking up to me. While she may have looked like one from the streets the world still has not managed to snuff out that spark of wonderand life in her blue eyes.
"something like that. do you have anywhere to go?" i asked neutral. "Not exactly." she said which caused me to wonder what she meant.
When i came to hee house i realised what she meant. Her mother was dead. Ripped from life by disease and her father tried everything possible by farming alone all of the land they had and with recent drought there was not much to eat or sell especially with the percentage they had to give to their recent lord. Her brother was also ill probably the same disease which took their mother. When her father saw me he said: "Ethel why is a knight here?" "Father. You said you need someone who can help brother so i brought him. he helped me in the village." she said with a smile. "wait you were in the village. You know that the elders don't like us. I understand you want to help but... " he stopped when i went to the child that began caughting, inspected him and gave him an elixir which i pulled out of a pouch on my belt. "Here this should help him. After that all he needs a good night of sleep then he is back to full health" i said and went to go out of the house.
But he did something i did not exspect humans from that age to in europe to do. He bowed down and thanked me from his whole heart. I was shocked thta he would be soing that. Then the little girl Ethel hugged my leg and said: "thank you for saving my brother noble knight." with the biggest smile i have ever seen.
It felt weird at first being smiled at by a child. It held no hidden intentions or something vile behind it. It was just a pure honest to god smile out of sheer happiness and gratitude.
It sure as hell felt extremly nice then after a second. I wanted to see more smiles like that in the world. For the first time since ever i had a clear direction of what i wanted. No aimless travelling, as much as it has been fun to do that. It was a simple smile.
Sure the country was full of demons, gods and monster while being at war with others but it was something i wanted to see more of no matter what. Something which gave humanity some worth in my eyes. This made me question things a bit more.
What hidden worth had humanity and which characteristics have i still not seen? Was rosa after all right and humanity was beautiful? I asked myself that and many more question in my head until some one hammered at the door of the little shack like building. "Carl quick come out you and your family have to flee a horde of demons are coming here to raise everything to the ground and devour our souls!" was shouted through the door.
But the problem is the village in which i have seen that little gem was about to be burned to ashes and be gone forever.
"Quick get out of here!" shouted the father and as we went out of the shack but with the father having his son in his arms, we heard the shouting and roaring of the demons and felt the earth trembeling under their feet.
He pressed me his son in the arms and took his pitch fork and ran in the direction of where they were comming. "What the hell are you doing?!" i shouted. "I want to give you some time to escape with my daughter and my so. You can protect them better then me and you saved my son. As thanks you have to make it out alive." the father said.
Humanity still has not lost their honor. After a moment of thinking i took the pitchfork out of the fathers hands and spoke: "your children will need you more then me. and even then you would still have not make much of a time difference. So please don't throw your life away. It is more precious to me then my own. So stay here and watch them" "But noble knight..." he tried to say. "Please." i asked of him. Defeated he put the pitchfork down and said that half a mile from here had been the only bridge to the village for miles. And with the river being blessed could the demons not swim through it.
"will you return?" asked Ethel with a sad expression. "I promise i will return. A knight will never go back on his word." i said with a smile for the first time since ages which could probably never be seen because of the visor and run to the bridge without regard of safety through the masses of people.
When i came to the bridge the demons were already there. There were more then i could count. A normal person would have said it eas suicide. Hell a sane person would have said that.
I am not sane thats the problem. "Look look guys they sent a armored snack first." laughed one horse faced demon with rusty armor. I dwung my sword and let out an arc of flame which burned that demon in two. one down hundreds to go.
When they saw their companion being burned down they all came at me at once and tried to cross the bridge. But with sword swings and burst of flames not even one came through.
Only their leader was there when the onslaught ended. He was still in prime condition while i was tired and wounded. I had wounds everywhere. A spear from a red demon has pierced my stomach and was still there. An hit from the club of an taurus demon has broken all the ribs on my left side. A wolf has bitten into my right hip. My left arm was broken and in multiple places. To make long story short my body was a wreck. My armor did not look any better. My helmet was shattered. My pauldrons were ripped off. Large parts of the chest piece were missing and there are holes everywhere in my armor. But still i never felt belt. I barely felt the pain because of the adrenalin probably and i finally had a end goal which i still had to fullfill. That being kill of the hoard and visit Ethel. After that i still want to see what goodness humanity still had to offer.
"Why are you doing this?! Together we could have conqueres these lands. Why are you helping them?! They don't understand what they have! I am born of the malice of the people so i am the living example of humanitys unworthyness! So why are you helping them! You are a half demon why are you helping them not us?!!!" shouted the giant leader demon. He looked like a giant blood red, spiky plate armor with red glowing eyes, which can be in the olen part of his visor.
I ripped the spear out of my side under great pain and cauterized the wound immeadetly. You couldn't smell my burned flesh over the burned demon bodies but the pain was almost enough to let me pass out. So i fell on my knees for a short while leaning in my sword Silver. "Thats because... Because." i began before taking a deep breath and then proceeded to stand back up. I remembered the smile and all my travels. The good, the bad, the terribel, the weird and everything in between. "Thats because i just realised that humans can also do good things. Don't worry if you don't understand what i am saying. It took me a while to understand it myself. You know it is funny just a few hours earlier i would have helped you. Hell i would have done your job on eradicating everything myself. But the problem is i have seen something beautifull a while ago and now i want to see if there are more beautifull things there. So PISS OF TO HELL.!!!" i shouted before running at him sword in hand.
He parried the first strike with his giant war axe and he kicked me away which cause me to spit out blood. I recovered just fast enought, that i could escape a downward swing of his axe and then ducked under the follow up swing. I struck the armor and broke through but the wound was superficial at best. So i ripped th blade  out of his right side and stabbed in the armpit. With a scream of pain he let go of his axe.
So he tried to kill me with a punch to the skull but i ducked under it again and stabbed in the other armpit before i channeled flames through my swords into his body killing him instantly by roastingbhim from the inside. Out of every unarmored part came flames out until i stopped and took the sword out of the corpse. With the adrenalin subsiding i slowly and painfully made my way back to the family.
With the rest of my energy i knocked on the door. When they opened i fell face first on the floor. "what did i say i held my word and returned i said while coughting up more and more blood. We all knew i did not have long.
"Noble Knight. We cannot thank you enough please tell us your name at least." said The farmer. "It is Knight funny enough. Knight the knight, truly funny." i said trying to make them laught while i coughed more and more blood. The spear wound apparently also reopened because everything grew dark even faster. The last thing is saw was there concerned face while whispered thank yous for not letting me die alone and forgotten while i closed my eyes.
When i reopened them i saw a crumblimg marble pathway with me standing in my fully plate armor which has been repaired. I was undoubtly dead. Well as dead as low rank divinity can be. I walked along the path way while being surrounded by complete darkness. I saw great light before me. I knew that it is the afterlife and i wanted to go in until i felt something which caused me to turn around.
It were to hands holding themselve out of the darkness. They had red marks on the back of their hand looking like a shield with white sleves. As soon as i saw them i knew what a servant is, it indicates and what command seals are. But did i want to answer their summon. After what i have done just now a second shot would have been nice. I walked of the marbel way on the darkness towards the hands. When i grabed both hands i immeadetly i was pulled out of the darkness into the light.
Ethel and her family gave me my hold my sword out with Rosa flying of the blade.
"Give them hell buddy" she said befor dispersing into light. I grabed the sword and everyone turned into sparks and vanished while wishing me luck. " Naturally i will give them hell" i said to myself before running along the now formed dirt path into the light.
"Servant, Saber. True name Knight. Lets make the world brighter together my masters." i said with a big smile no longer hiding my ears under a helmet or a coat.