Hospital

[A/N: At this point Derek has realised Stiles is his mate and they start growing closer to each other]

-Derek's Pov-

I'm so stupid. I knew it was too dangerous and risky to let Stiles around Scott whilst he is still transitioning, but who am I to tell him that. I mean even if I did tell him, he's human meaning his love for his best friend will make him careless of the danger it would inflict on himself. I'm currently staring at the blood bag which is slowly pumping blood into Stiles to replace all the blood he lost, his dad's been in and out visiting, I've refused to let Scott in to visit... Well I haven't, my wolf has though.

(He's been like this for two days Derek, my wolf whined)

"I know, the doctor's said he should wake up soon though" I muttered silently.

My heart was racing at an inhumane rate, the only thing stopping me from turning is the sound of his raspy breath and fluttering heart.

(Mate, mate, mate) My wolf howled out in agony.

That's when I seen his eyes twitching, I ran to his side in the blink of an eye. He looked over at me once his eyes were open properly. "Derek?" He asked.

"I'm here." He smiled slightly, we didn't exactly know each other at all but I can tell we were both glad it was me who found him.

"Uggh" He groaned, i grabbed his hand to take way his pain but he wasn't feeling any.

"What hurts I can't take your pain... It wont let me."

He chuckled at my frustration.

"What's so funny?"

"I'm not in pain."

"Then why did you groan."

"I'm in a hospital which means there's gonna be another bill for my dad to pay and I have a... needle in my arm." He clenched his jaw and closed his eyes.

"So you're not in any pain..."

"No... I'm just angry, my dad already owes the hospital a lot of money I can't make that bill go higher." He sighed and turned around slightly. I couldn't help but feel bad for the child. Instead of worrying about getting better or what his condition is, he's worried about the cost.

I stood up and headed to the door. "Stay here, I'll be back in a minute." I opened the door, walked out and closed it behind me. I swear I heard him say something sarcastic along the lines "I can't exactly go anywhere can I" I chuckled lightly under my breathe.

I went over to Melissa, at the front desk and coughed gently and looked up at me and smiled.

"Hey you're a friend of Stiles right? You were the one that brought him in and haven't left him since, as I've heard. Anyways how may I help you?"

"I just wanted to ask how much debt are the Stilinski's in with the hospital?" I asked as polite as I could, it's not really my thing, usually I'd scare them into telling me but this is Stiles' best friends mom so...

"I- Uh... I'm not sure I can tell you that..."

"Oh, right sorry... It's just I was planning on paying it all for them... As you know..."

"Oh! Well... Uh? In that case come round here and read the screen."

I stepped round to stand behind her when she checked n their bills, I found out Stiles has ADHD and ADD meaning he has to have a lot of adderall, his dad has a heart condition so he needs some type of medication, and his mom had died 6 years ago to a brain cancer which in total leaves their debt up to around 600k [American dollars].

"I guess by your shocked expression it may be a bit too much..." She sighed.

"Oh... No that's not it, I just... Feel bad you know?" I muttered pulling out a check book from my pocket, I wrote down the amount, who it's to and signed it then handed it over to her..

"Are you sure? You look really young, you should be putting this to college funds..."

"No it's okay, they need this money besides when my pa- family died 3 years ago I inherited A LOT of money I don't need." I handed her the money and made my way back to Stiles' room.

"Would you like them to know who the money was by or no?"

"Leave it as anonymous please..." She nodded and walked off.

-A few hours later-

I was just about to nod off when Sheriff Stilinski busted through the door.

"STILES! OH MY GOD, STILES! YOU'LL NEVER GUESS WHAT!!"

And with that I got up and walked out of the room and slumped down in the waiting chairs.