He Slept With Lydia

[A/N: I don't exactly know what this chapter is about I'm just gonna waffle through it so yeah 👍🏻. Follow to keep updated <3]

-Derek Pov-

I don't know what to do. My wolf is clawing at me trying to break free and see Stiles but I'm trying my best not to take notice. I slit Peter's throat open, my own flesh and blood, while Stiles was watching... He must think I'm a monster now, and I don't want to face that part of reality right now so avoiding him is a good thing, right?

I was lying down on my bed in my loft when the bell rang. I could smell a familiar scent but it smelled wet because of the rain. I listened in for a heartbeat and heard one that sounded like it was beating a million miles per second, I sighed and got up. I walked downstairs and open the loft door to find a soaking wet, crying Stiles.

"Hey, hey, hey. Come here." I grabbed him by the shoulders and dragged him into me for a hug and locked the door behind him. "What's wrong?" I asked, I'm not good at this whole sympathy thing at all, but with him it feels different.

"I..." He mumbled into my shoulder and sniffled. I shuffled us both to the sofa and sat him down and sat down next to him. He looked at me with puffy Bambi eyes and all I could think is whoever hurt him I will kill. "It's Scott..."

"What about him?"

"I hate him"

"What do you mean, you two are best friends, you should have some unbreakable bond."

"He... He slept with Lydia behind my back." Great, I thought. Lydia Martin, I knew he still liked her but I kinda wish he liked me instead.

"I- I'm sorry," I whispered grabbing his hands in mine to comfort him, but also because I just wanted to touch him.

"I'm being so dramatic, I-I mean I don't exactly like her anymore but..." He doesn't like her? My heart picked up in pace in joy.

"And yet?"

"I still feel so betrayed, I mean, I never told Scott I had lost feelings for her so even if I still had them he would've done it... I'm being so stupid right now, I'm sorry."

"Hey, hey. It's okay, you cant help but feel betrayed when something like this happens, even if you don't love the person anymore, if nobody else knows it can hurt."

"Thank you," he snorted and I chuckled lightly.

"Well, if you don't like her anymore, then who do you like?" His heart started to race and his face went bloodshot red. He didn't say anything but he looked up into my eyes instead, I didn't want to do anything in case I was taking it the wrong way. He gulped and looked back down. "So? Who is it?" I asked again.

"You..." I didn't know what to say or do, I wanted him to love me back more then anything in the world but I couldn't help but feel guilty and hurt by it. I didn't realise I was quiet for so long until he sighed and got up. "I take it you don't like me back..." He went to walk off but I grabbed him by the wrist.

"No, that's not it." His face went red again and I continued, "of course I like you back, it's just all my past relationships have ended... because I hurt them, and as much as I want to be with you I don't want to hurt you like I hurt the-" He cut me off with his cold wet lips on mine and he chuckled.

"You should've thought about that before you kissed me a few weeks ago..." I smiled, "OMG I MADE DEREK HALE SMILE" He screamed, I wiped the smile off my face and glared at him, "that's not going to work lover boy." He laughed and dived into my lap. I buried my face into his shoulder to hide my smile long enough for it to go.

"Now what do you want me to do about Scott?" I asked.

"Nothing." He said urgently.

"But he betrayed you in the most unforgivable way though." I pushed.

"I know but I love you not her, and like you said, and I quote, 'you two are best friends, you should have some unbreakable bond'"

"Did you just try mimic my voice with the worst attempt ever?" I said glaring at him.

"Oh c'mon sourwolf, it wasn't that bad."

"Just because you are my boyfriend now it doesn't mean you get to give me hideous nicknames." I growled. He shrugged and started to laugh, which made me want to laugh but I hid the urge.

"Well, I best get going I left Scott on my doorstep- Oh and can we keep this a secret, nobody knows I like guys and showing up to my doorstep with a werewolf boyfriend who was accused of murder less then two months ago is not a very good impression," He waffled on more to himself as he left and I lid back on the sofa.

Then it clicked. HOLY SH- who- what- when- where- why- how. I had so many questions, I must be dreaming, I rubbed my eyes. (MATE, MATE, MATE, my wolf howled happily, mark him, it then demanded)

"Not yet... Not till he's ready, or till he's eighteen."

(Oh c'monnn Derek don't be such a cockblocker)

"I am so not, besides I just don't want to do that to him until he's an adult like me," I hissed.

(You don't want to mark him because your an adult, and he's a minor still?)

"Exactly."

(IT'S A THREE YEAR AGE GAP OUR PARENTS HAD A BIGGER ONE AND BESIDES YOU'RE STILL TECHNIQUELY A CHILD ASWELL YOU'RE NOT EVEN TWENTY YET.)

"Oh, shut up." I growled, it didn't shut up but I just about drowned the annoying voice out.