Being Paranoid

3

"Hey Annelise!" Harry responded. "I came a few hours early just in case you guys weren't completely ready yet! So where's Robert?"

"At his house, you twit!" answered Annelise.

"Annelise," said her mother. "You don't have to be so rude."

"Mom, we play around like this all the time. We have a playful relationship!"

"Wait!" Annelise's father said, clearly startled. "You guys are dating?!"

"NO!" Harry and Annelise yelled simultaneously.

"It's a friendship!" yelled Annelise. "And besides," she whispered into her parents' ears, "why would I want to date him? I'd much rather be with my Finnick, or at least his clone."

"Stop acting like you're going to date or marry a fictional character. You're going to start looking insane!" Annelise's mother said.

"You should tell that to Faithlynn's face," said Annelise. "Unless you want to live."

Annelise could hear Faithlynn shipping her and Harry right now! "Ship... Ship... Ship..."

Wait a second! That was Annelise's text tone for Faithlynn! How could she be so paranoid... And stupid!?

"Annelise, will you marry me?" Harry asked.

"WHAT!" Annelise screamed. WHAT DID YOU JUST ASK ME!???!"

"I asked if you were ready to go with me." said Harry in a casual, yet clearly frightened manor.

"Oh, yeah. Right. Let's get going. Bye mom, bye dad! See you soon!"

"Wow!" Annelise thought to herself. Maybe mom was right. Maybe I am going insane because of my shipping of fictional characters!"

And that's when Harry took Annelise by the hand, and they were pushed into the dark, compressing sensation.