Into the Dungeons

10

Robert and Annelise stood at the top of the Marble Staircase, wondering where to explore first.

"So.... Where to first?" Robert asked.

"I was thinking we go take a look around the dungeons, and then go up to that second floor bathroom again..." replied Annelise.

"Why would we go back up there... And why in the world would we go to one of the creepiest places on school property?"

"First of all, you just answered it. Because no one else will want to go in those creepy places.
Second of all, I heard about this thing that happened in Harry's second year where this place called the Chamber of Secrets was opened and people where being petrified by a giant snake, called a Basilisk. I thought that might be a good place for a challenge, and the entrance is supposedly in that bathroom..."

Annelise's eyes were moving back and forth while she rubbed her hands together maniacally.

"You're kinda scaring me, Annelise..."

"Oh well, let's just go before anyone try's to follow us."

So off they went, deep into the dungeons.
                      ~~~~~~~~~

Going down the stairs of the dungeon, the kids got a slight chill.

"Now I'm getting even more scared..."

"Oh, don't be such a wimp!" Annelise said, looking at him, one eyebrow raised in sarcasm.

It was almost pitch black down there because school hadn't started yet, so the lanterns didn't need to be on.

Deeper into the earth they traveled, until the stairs stopped.

"Lumos," they said simultaneously.

They passed the Potions classroom- nothing.

The Slytherin Common Room- nothing.

They were reaching the end of the hallway, at which they would have to turn either right or left.

Farther down the hallway they went, until a voice sounded behind them and they stopped in their tracks.

"What are you two doing down here?" said a cool, snakelike voice.