The Arrival

4

They arrived outside the wrought-iron gates of Hogwarts. It was about noon, and the sun was shining bright in the mid-September sky.

Harry, Annelise, and Robert stepped in once Harry unlocked the gates, and they walked up the stone path to the big French doors.

Once the doors felt the three Wizards' presence, they swung open into the Front Hall. Nobody was there.

They walked into the Great Hall. No one.

Up into Gryffindor Tower. Not a single living soul. The only person that they found in the Tower was Nearly-Headless Nick.

"Why, hello there!" said Nick. "I wasn't expecting to find anybody in the castle for about a month."

"We were told by Professor Dumbledore to be here 2 weeks early. We don't know why, but we think it has something to do with the Battle Of The Houses." responded Annelise.

"So you guys are The Ones." said Nick. "I didn't know when I would get to meet them! I am so honored!"

Robert and Annelise didn't know how to respond to this gesture. They felt like royalty!

"Ummmm.... Thanks," said Annelise, not knowing what to say.

"Well, we should be off," said Robert, hinting that he wanted to get out of the awkward situation.

"Right," said Annelise, getting what Robert was trying to say. "Dumbledore's probably looking for us. Bye now!"

And with that the two walked hurriedly out of Gryffindor Tower towards Dumbledore's Office.