6

After standing up and walking over to the woman, he took something out of the pocket of his pants and held it in front of Athena

After standing up and walking over to the woman, he took something out of the pocket of his pants and held it in front of Athena. "Chocolate?", she asked, looking up at him with confusion. "It'll help, trust me." Slowly she took it out of his hand, their fingers brushing each other. "I don't want you to think that you're a monster, Remus." His head turned up and he locked eyes with her, the world around him suddenly fading out. "You are a professor, a man, a son, a werewolf and my friend, but not a monster. Do you understand?", she told him like a therapist. Lupin didn't answer. "I said do you understand?" Her tone shocked her, but he quickly understood that she was serious. It was important for her that he knows that. "I'm not a monster.", he whispered. "I'm not a monster.", he repeated over and over again. A proud smile formed on her face. "You aren't Remus, you are a good man. One of the best I've ever met." His lips formed into a cute smile, proud of himself and amazed by the woman in front of him. "Thank you, Athena.", Remus said and took her hand slowly, placing his on it. A small blush filled her cheeks. "Always." In her eyes it was a hint of hurt. Deep down she must have lived through this herself.

Was Athena not what she seems to be?

~~~

It was a month later and Athena and Remus had grown thicker together. Out of their partnership formed a friendship and out of their friendship a best friend friendship. They never spoke it out loud, but the two would talk over different topics and often hang out after school. She felt safe around him, so did he. She knew his secret and was fully okay with it. She didn't act differently around him since she found out. This made him... happy.

~~~

The two would often take night walks by the sea and it was another day they both wanted to.

The ginger-haired woman stood in front of Remus' room after already waiting for multiple minutes. He was never late, he actually was always too soon. The woman quickly came to a realization after looking out of the window. It was a full moon.

 She ran out to the forbidden forest, not caring if anyone or anything would kill her. The ginger stopped in her tracks, trying to be as quiet as possible so she could hear Lupin. After hearing a loud growl that sounded exactly like the one last time, Athena found Lupin in his werewolf form by trees that were destroyed and some of them laying on the ground. "Remus.", she whispered, knowing he could hear and smell her. He turned to her, calming down at the sight of her. "Hey." A soft smile formed on her face before she took a step near. She knew from him that he became wolfsbane from Snape every month for his transformations. "I really hope you're not mad at me for coming here.", the professor whispered under breath while stepping nearer. A second after she raised her hand, he reacted too fast and accidentally slashed with his claws over her arm. "Ouch. Don't do that again." His eyes widened and she immediately knew he felt bad and took a step back. "Don't you dare to step back, Remus.", Athena spoke with her teeth clenched together. He followed her orders directly and stood still. "I'm probably making everything even worse by coming here, or? But I don't care." She let out a mute laugh before looking up at the sky, seeing the moon going down. A couple of minutes later, just the two standing in front of each other and having eye contact, Remus turned back into his human form.

The woman stepped next to him and kneeled down, laying her hand on his back and stroking over it with her nails. "Good Morning, dear." He slowly stood up with the help of her, surprised by the woman's presence. "What are you doing here?" Lupin looked down on her, because of the slight height difference with anger and confusion mixed up. "Good question. I don't know myself. But I know you're tired and should get cleaned up, so why don't you come with me and let me take care of you?", she spoke, her eyes not finding his. At first he wanted to argue, but was deep inside happy like hell that she was there. He never realized how alone he felt all this time since he lost his friends.

"Lead the way, ma'am."