13

Someone was holding her hand

Someone was holding her hand. Athena quickly realized who it was without opening her eyes. After she and Harry fell, Dumbledore was able to catch him with a spell, but the woman landed on the ground, breaking her leg because of the fall and receiving some good new scars.

"Remus." Her eyes flickered open and his did widen before a smile formed onto his face. "Darlin'." To her left side sat Remus John Lupin, the man she had to share classes with and the one she loved so much with her whole heart. "That fucking-" "You know Dumbledore caught Harry instead of you, but that isn't a reason to-" Remus tried to calm her down, but only ended up shutting his mouth because of her eyes. 

Maybe these eyes were upset and angry, but he loved it. 

He loved her eyes.

He loved her.

The ginger-haired leaned back in the hospital bed again, taking a deep breath. "I'm happy that you're alive. Even when that wha-" "What I did back there was dangerous and a dumb decision. It could have killed me. I know, Remus.", Athena whispered, looking down. His face softened and he sighed. Lupin just now realized that this was the woman who assured him, gave him comfort, helped him, listened to him, took care of him and was always by his side.

He realized he had never done such a thing for her.

"I'm sorry"

"What?" Athena turned to him, a hint of confusion in her face. "I- I am sorry for everything. You... you cheered me up, helped me with my little problem there and took care of me. You were always there for me. But I was never. Why did I just realize now..."

"Remus." The woman placed her hand on his cheek, a smile that he couldn't figure out on her lips, the love screaming out of her eyes. "I-" "Shut up. It was my choice to help you and take care of you. It was my choice to be by your side. It was my choice to listen to every single one of your words. It was my choice to fall in love with you. So please, don't blame you for my choices."

He stopped moving, falling even harder for the woman.

"I love you."

The words came out of his mouth like a big weight that laid on him for a long time.

But it wasn't something his mind realized.

It was his heart.

"Oh Remus." Her smile widened while her finger traced along his jaw.

"Don't you think I already heard you saying that in your sleep?"

His cheeks became a red colour and the werewolf looked down, still not knowing her response.

"But if you'd like to know,

I love you too, Remus."

Remus John Lupin could swear he was the happiest man alive in this moment.