8

"Intriguing, isn't it?", Remus spoke, standing behind the large group of children in defence against the dark arts class

"Intriguing, isn't it?", Remus spoke, standing behind the large group of children in defence against the dark arts class. It was another lesson where Remus took over, letting Athena sit again in the back on the table. "Would anyone like to venture a guess.. as to what is inside?" "That's a boggart.", a colored, young boy replied. The professor continued on with the class and explained to them the spell, eventually coming to the part where everyone would form a line after Neville was the first to try.

Lupin put on some music like he would always do, receiving a smile from the ginger in the back. Laughter filled the class after Ron and Parvati, till it was Harry's turn. Athena guessed he would be scared of Voldemort or the Dementors, maybe losing his friends even. But still she watched and was curious into what it would transform.

But after a Dementor appeared, the orange-haired woman didn't expect Remus running in front of him with his arms spread. His fear, the moon, appeared. Quickly she hushed to his side and whispered into his ear. "You're scaring the children, Remus." She turned around and gave the students a quick smile, after whispering Riddikulus under her breath and directing the boggart back into its cabinet. Remus stayed still, shocked by what he just saw. "Right. Sorry about that. That's enough for today. That's the end of the lesson. Sorry!" The man turned to his girlfriend and Harry, shock and confusion written all over his face. "Harry, you too." "Yeah, yeah. Sorry, professor." In a second the young boy was out of the classroom, leaving the two professors alone. 

"Please tell me why your boggart is a wolf!" Remus raised his voice at her, making her gulp and look down. "Remus." "No! Don't 'Remus' me! Answer me!" Athena wasn't able to look into his eyes. She didn't want to see him look at her like that. Pur of disappointment and sadness.

"It's not what you think." "Tell me-" "Let me speak! Remus.", now she raised her voice at him and turned her head up, causing some of the tears to fall down on her brown sweater. Remus' face filled with sympathy and blame because of himself. He didn't want to make her cry. He would never.

"I'm not scared of you, Remus. I already told you I'm not. I wouldn't lie to you, never. It's because.... of ...." Athena looked up, unsure if she should speak. Remus stepped near and took her hand, moving one of her loose hair strings behind her ear. "You can tell me. I'm here." She nodded slightly, relaxing at the contact and smell of him.

"I am an Animagus. I can turn into a wolf."

His eyebrows scrunched together, confused by what she just said. "You're not registered, or?" The woman shook her head, not meeting his eyes. "I'm sorry to ask, but why are you scared of that?" Sooner or later she knew this question would come. "Some wizard found me and used the Imperius curse on me. I didn't have myself under control for multiple days. Then, when I was myself again, I found out this man made me kill multiple other wizards." Shame flooded over her. He tightened the grip around her hand and lifted with the other her face, forcing her to look at him, his thumb wiping the tears under her eyes away. "It wasn't you. It's not you, who killed them. Do you understand? You're not a monster." A soft laugh escaped her and the mood seemed to lift. "These are my words, Lupin." He rolled his eyes at her, before picking her up and taking her into a big hug. Athena laid his legs around his waist, looking down on him. "I thought you wouldn't mind me stealing it." She scrunched her nose at his words, making him fall even harder for her.