16

After Remus explained his story about him and his friends, including Sirius Black, Peter Pettigrew and James Potter, leaving Athena some time to think, it was her turn

"My parents were the worst you could imagine. No, even worse. They would kick or punch me when I would do anything wrong or out of their liking. At first they didn't even want me to go to Hogwarts, but any day I just ran away." She took a deep breath, staring out at the window. He was already sitting next since he began telling his story, now stroking her back. 

"In the summer holidays I would stay in the school, Dumbledore allowed it. That's also the reason I'm so close with Minerva. I only had one friend in Hogwarts, she died in my third year from an attack of a dark wizard in the summer holidays while I stayed in Hogwarts. The accident I told you about, you know, with the wolf thing, happened in my sixth year. The thing was, that everyone knew. Everyone."

Tears were now threatening to come out of her eyes.

"Then I graduated. I never studied to become a professor. Dumbledore asked me to come because he knew me, knew I was incredibly good at Defence against the Dark arts and wanted to have a person that looked out for Harry and see if he was safe. That's why there was always two teachers."

She finished and a smile formed on her face, knowing she left out some things. The ginger-head turned her head to the man, who now stood by his record player and placed a vinyl on it. Mysterious Power by Ezra Furman and The Harpoons started playing, receiving a bright smile from her. Remus walked over to her, stepping between her legs and placing his hands on her sides. "Up for a dance, love?" Him calling her love made her blush, but she accepted with a nod.

In a second she was in the air in his arms, laughing at his actions. "Remus!"

As soon she was down again, the two started dancing with each other.

Remus never felt happier.

This moment could never end.

She never wanted this moment to end.