11

"Do you want to have kids?", Remus asked as the two stepped along the dark, long corridors of Hogwarts

"Do you want to have kids?", Remus asked as the two stepped along the dark, long corridors of Hogwarts. It was a weekend and another trip for the third till seventh years to Hogsmeade. "I'm not sure. But if I would have one, then only one. Not more. I would want to give my child all my love. I wouldn't be able to split it up, because then I would always think one of them isn't loved enough, and then I would destroy myself with that." His hand continued stroking her back up and down and he placed a kiss on her head. "And you?" "I never really thought about it. But now I might, because I have someone who could be the parent of my child." Athena looked down, trying to hide her blush at the thought of having a kid with Remus.

"Did you play Qudditch in your Hogwarts time?", she asked after some time more of walking around Hogwarts. "No, but I was often the commentator. You?" "Mh Hm." He raised his eyes now, realizing he never asked which house she was. "Which house were you in? Maybe I saw you in my years. You must have been two years under me, or?" "Ravenclaw. I was a chaser. And yes, I was two years under you. You were my high school crush." This caused him to snicker, but it quickly turned into shame. "I never even realized you existed." "We were kids, Remus. I don't remember much of my childhood and don't want to.", she assured him, tightening the grip around his hand.

A voice from the courtyard caught their attention. "-I'm sorry Potter. That's my final word.", McGonagall told Harry, patting his shoulder fondly before she turned, walking after the retreating group of third years heading towards the bridge out of the courtyard. Ron  and Hermione watched him with sympathy. "Forget about it, guys. See you later." Harry turned, walking towards the towering doorway of the clock tower, a small wave being sent by Hermione before she and Ron went out of sight. The boy was alone.

Athena's face softened. "Harry.", she called, causing the boy to turn to him, seeing her and Remus standing in the corridor, holding hands. "Professor Jackson, Professor Lupin.", he greeted. "Walk with us, Harry.", Remus proposed. The ginger had a small smile on her face. 
"You two are together now?" The couple looked down with smiles on their faces, answering Harry's question with that as a yes.

The three walked for a while, eventually strolling across the Wooden Bridge, its structure arching over the gaping space below. 

"Professor Lupin, can I ask you something?", Harry asked after a few minutes of silence. "You want to know why I stopped you facing that boggart, yes? I would've thought it'd be obvious. I assumed it would take the shape of Lord Voldemort.", he explained while Athena stood behind the two, letting them their student teacher moment. "I did think of Voldemort, at first. But then I remembered that night on the train.. and the Dementor.", Harry replied, his black hair moving in the wind. "Then I'm very impressed. That suggests what you fear the most is the fear itself. This is very wise." Athena sat down on the ground, her back leaning on the long banister. She listened. "Before I fainted... I heard something. A woman... screaming." "Well, Dementors force us to relive our worst memories. Our pain becomes their power.", Remus sympathized. "I think it was my mother." Harry said. "The night she was murdered."

The male professor straightened, both palms pressing on the wood of the bridge. "You know the very first time I saw you, Harry, I recognized you immediately. Not by your scar, by your eyes. They're your mothers, Lily's." At his words, Harry looked at the man, the question clear enough in his eyes. No words needed to be said. "Yes. Oh yes, I knew her." He turned, slowly walking to the other side of the railing, shooting Athena, who sat on the ground, a confused yet loving look. "Your mother was there for at a time when no one else was. Not only was she a singularly gifted witch, she was also an uncommonly kind woman. She had a way of seeing the beauty in others... even, and perhaps most specially, when the person could not see it in themselves. And your father, James, on the other hand..." A light laugh left him. "..He had a certain, shall we say, talent for trouble." Harry smiled, while Remus turned, facing the boy once again. "A talent, rumour has it, he passed on to you." He pointed, a knowing glint in his eyes. "You're more like them than you know, Harry. In time, you'll come to see just how much." The dark haired boy seemed to appreciate the sentiment.