And there was only one bed, I took the rest (Kazuichi/Nekomaru)

AN: Guess who's finally recovering from Writer's Block wooooo!! I'm a bit rusty but I hope ya'll enjoy!

I'm also a sucker for the 'there was only one bed' trope, and no one can stop me.

•_•_•

Kazuichi didn't realize how fascinating a ceiling could be until now. Staring at something for a while can make you realize things you never noticed before.

He inwardly groaned as he checked the clock on the nightstand again. 2:36 AM. Ten minutes after he'd checked it earlier. This was going to be a loongggg night.

He usually had no trouble hitting the snooze button on his brain when he was winding down, but something was different that night.

Mainly the big, burly figure that was Nekomaru just inches away from his own scrawny body, hugging a pillow so hard Kazuichi was afraid it would burst in an explosion of feathers.

Even though it wasn't his fault, Kazuichi blamed Hajime for this.

His bro's totally-a-surprise-and-NOT-ruined-bachelor- party landed them both a few hours from their apartments, so himself and Nekomaru decided it would be better to just rent a room for the night.

Unfortunately, they just assumed there would be at least a couch for one of them, but that wasn't the case at all. It was a cramped room with a tv from the eighties, a bathroom that reeked of a crime scene, and one double bed.

Kazuichi offered to take the floor, but Nekomaru insisted that it would lead to 'increased back pain' or something. He's actually a bit thankful that Nekomaru disagreed with the idea. He has no idea where that floor's been!

So that's how they both ended up here, with Kazuichi's sudden spur of insomnia making it very difficult to stop stealing glances at his best bud next to him.

His friend was a good looking guy, a fact that nobody could deny. He wasn't in love with him or anything, that would just be ridiculous, but he'd admit in his head that he felt a sort of butterflies whenever he looked at the other man. Don't read into it!

Kazuichi snuck another glance at the clock. 2:50. He was going to die before getting a single wink of sleep!

The mechanic flopped over on his side, which got him a surprise eyeful of Nekomaru, who seemed to get even closer to Kazuichi in the minutes he spent in thought.

He almost jumped back, hands raising up to clamp over his mouth to prevent any noise of shock from exiting his mouth.

He never really got to study the manager's face from up close, lest he was on the receiving end of a rib cage crushing hug. Now was a good chance he supposed.

The first thing he noticed was Nekomaru's bone structure. Sharp jawline accented by his beard and cheekbones that could kill.

Then there were the scars on his face. Of course the most obvious was the two that went through his eyes and ended on the top and bottom of his face. But there was a smaller one, barely visible running above his top lip. How had he never noticed that before?

Nidai's hair, which was usually standing straight up, has flattened down, a few strands falling in front of his closed eyes. Was he wearing eyeliner or was it just how his eyes looked?

Kazuichi felt himself start to doze off, eyelids getting harder and harder to keep open as he continued to study the sleeping man's features, internally pointing things out that he never picked up before.

And soon, he fell victim to sleep, the last thing he saw that night being the relaxed expression of Nekomaru Nidai. Maybe, in some kind of way, there was a small chance that he did, perhaps, like him?

The following morning both woke up being entangled in each other's arms, earning a scream from one of them and boisterous laugh from the other. A good way to start off the day.