The Rekindling of A Heart (RimuruxVelgrynd)

I almost died because of Veldora's idiocy and now I am being asked to help his sister find her 'Lovers' soul fragments. I could annihilate the whole Eastern Empire and here she is asking me to help her recover the fragments of his soul.

She's beautiful beyond belief I will not deny that, but jesus she doesn't give a flying fuck about the fact that her life is in my hands right now.

She is genuinely asking a favor from me. Even after I practically toyed with her and fought Veldora at the same time. She seriously wants me to do this... it'd not be a problem had I not held feelings for her in some regard.

This is basically torture. I am being asked to help her resurrect her lover by recovering his scattered soul fragments that spread across dimensions and universes. Does she seriously think I have any reason to do this?

I already know Veldora is the reason she is so confidently asking me to help her. I don't know what she heard from him but it was wrong. I will not recover his soul fragments no matter how easy it would be for me. I have no reason to force myself through that pain.

I don't have a heart but I can still feel the aching in my very soul. The pain is excruciating; it feels like a hot iron is peeling my skin layer by layer while thought acceleration is added to make the pain last longer.

That is only the start to the pain though.

The pain I feel from that is nothing but an appetizer when compared to the other painful sensations I feel being asked this.

It's so difficult to smile but I learned the hard way how to fake one, so it isn't that difficult. All I have to do is close my eyes and not look at her while I wear the 'business smile' you see everywhere in Japan or on the faces of office workers.

I'm especially thankful for the fact that Ciel delayed my full evolution so I can take advantage of the fact that slimes can't cry.

I absolutely refuse to do it. I won't put myself through that I have better things to do. I need to find a way to deal with Micheal and Feldway along with any extra problems along the way. I also need to finish my evolution into a True Dragon. I don't plan to stop just being a subspecies as I am now.

I would rather have my soul ripped apart and regenerate piece by piece... then feel this.

<<Master, should I get rid of all memories pertaining to the individual 'Velgrynd' >> Ciel broke my line of depressive thoughts speaking in a worried and woeful tone. She could understand the pain I was feeling more than anyone since she was a part of me, my other half.

<It's fine Ciel. I'll just refuse the request I have no reason to begin with. I want to see those I love happy and the same for their loved ones but I can't bring myself to follow through with this selfish, abhorrent, and infuriating request.>

<I seriously can't begin to comprehend how dumb you have to be to request a favor of someone who you tried to kill. I won't even bring my feelings towards her in this thought but the lack of common sense is disgraceful.> I didn't mean for my tone and words to come to Ciel so wroth and rude but it came out nonetheless in that manner.

<Also Ciel please call me Rimuru or whatever suits you. We are partners not a master and skill. We are equals. I love and care for you but I won't force you.> I really didn't like Ciel calling me master as it made me feel we were only a skill and its master. Ciel was there for me always even as [Great Sage], I appreciated her dearly.

The only reason I even felt this way was because I had seen and met Velgrynd before the war even happened.

It was a weird coincidence to say the least but it impacted me all the same. I was just taking a stroll when I saw a portal and I curiously walked through it and ended up in the Eastern Empire.