Frostbitten Nightmares 4 (RimuruxVelzard)

Everything felt fine till hell struck. In his weakened state those humans attacked my brother and his wife. They succeeded in killing him. Satoru in a rage flattened an entire nation before he calmed down and started to take care of Milim, my niece personally. Rudra had no intentions of doing anything and Velgrynd thought Rudra was. It was okay for a few years again till they killed my niece's pet and tried to kidnap her.

She followed in Satoru's footsteps, erased a kingdom off the map and became a demon lord. She fell into a rage when she realized her pet wasn't himself but Rimuru stopped her quickly with the help of the Spirit Queen surprisingly. He wouldn't need the Spirit Queens help but he said.

"Family is great and all but sometimes a friend can do more than family. I could deal with this all by myself but that'd limit Milim and take chances for her to get close to others and possibly make her more reliant on me. I can't always be there and neither can you but friends can help fill the gaps we make. No one is perfect. There may come a time when she acts happy but feels truly alone. If the family doesn't see it, her friends will and vice versa."

Once again as he spoke a solemn look filled his face as if he knew what came next. The world felt fine for another time, till a Tenma War started...and Satoru left. Well he didn't leave more as say stopped it all at the cost of leaving for a few thousand years.

He left me a note that he prepared beforehand. I noticed this habit: he always made a note to me before going into battle.

Dear Velzard,

If you are reading this then that means I am gone. Well not permanently put for an extended period of time. If this is the battle I leave you in I am sorry. I didn't want to leave you. I wanted to stay but I will do what I must as Veldanava's successor. I wasn't supposed to tell you but I couldn't hide it from you. Don't worry though I will be there when you need me most, but if you chose to forget me and move on so be it. I noticed your feelings for a while now but I never said anything for the sole reason that.

I didn't feel worthy of you. You were a star shining far too radiant for someone like me. When we meet again if you decide to remember me. You will most likely have a choice to make. I won't say what it is but just know I will be back. I will not fail the work your brother gave me and I will see you again. But do not trust the angels or that Demon. They are after you and your family.

-Satoru

I felt tears run down my face as I finished reading the letter. I wanted to reply but I knew I'd get no response back so I made myself a promise.

'I Will not forget you Satoru. You will say your feelings to me yourself when you return and we will live in this house together again.'

After reading Satoru's letter Velgrynd came to me with a letter of her own from Satoru. It simply asked for us to look out for each other and watch that red demon.

HE IS THE ENEMY, DO NOT TRUST HIM. ONLY TRUST FAMILY. TENMA WILL COME AGAIN.

A few events happened over the next 2000 years. The demon lords became a group of ten some died and got replaced. A bunch of otherworlders got summoned and then something piqued my interest.

A slime became a demon lord...and someone compared him to Veldanava, but forgot to mention Satoru. I hadn't noticed this till now. But only Velgrynd, Milim, Veldora, and I ever spoke about Satoru. It was as if the rest of the world forgot him. Like he never existed or was taboo.

I didn't like this. I began to visit the slime occasionally. He held a similar attitude in most things to Satoru, they looked similar at a glance, and they both seemed to know everything but this one also nothing.