Frostbitten Nightmares (RimuruxVelzard)

The horrific sulfuric stench of rotting flesh and brimstone pierced my nose like a knife. It only took a moment for me to realize and recognize what I witnessed before me.

I'm entirely incapable of throwing up but in this singular moment as another horrid stench of charred and burning flesh along with thioacetone flooded my nostrils I threw up. I had no clue a spiritual being let alone one like myself with no blood, bones, and organs could even be capable of such a thing.

I had no choice but to cut off my own nose. I don't have the freedom to return to my slime form right now as I have to assess the true extent of the losses...

Taking a minute I recomposed myself as I walked through the battlefield. Everywhere I looked I saw another unimaginable, atrocious, vile, or down right unimaginable sight. I saw corpses everywhere...

I saw humans, demons, angels, monsters...people dead all alike. A ruthless massacre. There was no prejudice in the target subjected to this horror. Everyone was killed equally and I had to be alive...The sole survivor to witness and experience the nightmares that come from seeing millions of people dead.

I saw people burned to a crisp.

People gutted like a fish.

People hung by their own entrails.

People alchemically merged together suffering in unimaginable agony crying for death...but only receiving it by taking their own lives.

People with parts of their bodies entirely gone as if they had been erased.

Heads sticking out of other peoples bodies.

The more I walked the worse the sights got.

I began to panic. I can't even breathe yet I was hyperventilating. I was losing my mind as I walked further. I tried to claw my eyes out and tear off my own ears so I could ignore the screams from their souls as they shattered.

But I couldn't..

I tore my eyes out, I slashed them, I tried to close my eyes, I tried to cover them. All to fail miserably. I was cursed to see this sight. My sight could not be blocked, inhibited, or removed.

I ripped off my own ears in agonizing pain as my [Pain Resistance] skill was sealed. Ony for them to regrow instantly. I burst my eardrums, deactivated skills that make me hear, surrounded my ears in deafening sound bursts to block the noise. But these all came up not. No matter what I did I was forced to hear the screams and cries of those as they died.

I couldn't even hear Ciel. My eternal partner. The one person who never left me no matter what. The first company I had when I was all alone in the cave and losing my mind before I met Veldora.

Her voice couldn't reach me, not because I unconsciously ignored it...she wasn't there.

Ciel wasn't with me. I could feel my nonexistent heart beating harder and harder like a drum. With every passing millisecond, nanosecond, and every femtosecond. I was in a perpetual nightmare. I was unable to deactivate my [Thought Acceleration].

Every moment I failed to deactivate it the faster my thoughts went. And the longer I witnessed and experienced this hell.

Finally I got some response but not one I wanted.

"AHHhhHHHHHHH!!" I screamed in pain a deathly loud deafening scream. I screamed like a primeval being unable to speak. I screamed so loud that my throat even failed to make noise as I convulsed in perpetual pain and agony.

'No,No,no,no,NO,NO!NO!!NO!!!!NOOO!!' I begged and cried, something I was once again incapable of doing and something I hadn't done since I took on Shizu's form and gained my memories of the timeline before this. I was losing my mind as I felt cracks form all over my soul