•Chapter 19•

•Bryce Jole•

"It's settled," I sat back and kicked my feet up on my desk. It's just a matter of time until Jake drops dead by "chance" and I get to fulfill my role as Alpha. It's all I truly want, and I  deserve it.

My wolf has been itching for me to punish the girl for daring to speak back to me. It's a shame Alexander had to stop by and stop anything further from happening. If he wasn't Alpha I'd have her punished so horribly she'd beg to die. I'd deal with it later.

"Beta Bryce, you requested to see me?" The girl opened the door to my office with her head lowered.

"I need some relief," I unbuckled my belt and sat back for her.

"B-But sir, I-I'm not-"

"Do I need to say it again? I'm getting frustrated with the disobedience today." I growled. The girl began to shake, and my wolf watched in confusion.

'This girl,' he noted. She slowly trudged over and bent down on her knees. She turned her head away with tears in her eyes.

"Sir, please," her voice quivered and she looked up at me with glossy green eyes. My heart stopped in that moment, and I paused.

'Mate.'

She seemed unaffected by gazing into my eyes. No. Mates aren't real. They don't exist. "What's your name?" I questioned lifting her chin up to my eyes. She looked down. "Don't look down," I requested softly.

"My name is Riley. Riley Sanford, sir."

'Her wolf doesn't notice.' My wolf pointed out. I pulled my pants back up and buckled up.

"Leave," I demanded and turned away from her.

"Sir," she touched my arm, and I stared at it in horror. She made my heart flutter and her voice made me feel warm inside. I couldn't keep my eyes off of her hand as it touched my skin. "I-I'm sorry," she retracted her hand and it left a searing and empty feeling inside. She hurried out of the room before I could process anything further.

'What do I do with her?' I asked my wolf.

'I have no idea,' he shivered in pleasure, 'but don't let her go.'

I frowned because I didn't have time for a mate. I figured I'd need a Luna, but I never expected to get a mate of my own. 'Bryce, we must speak immediately.' Alexander snapped me out of my thoughts, and I was glad he did. I didn't want to overthink about the girl.

'I have time,' I replied sitting back up on my desk and placing my elbows atop.

'You have time? I think you mean you'll make time, Beta.' Alexander growled harshly. I rolled my eyes. All the leverage the old piece of dust had was his Alpha tone. Besides that, he was nothing. Weak. Just as weak as the Omega.

''Yes, Alpha,' I replied sarcastically, but he was too stupid to notice.

'In my offic-' He opened the door and frowned at me. "Why aren't I surprised?"

I chuckled, "We've been over this, Alpha," I clasped my hands, "I'll be in your place soon. I'm just adjusting."

"Up," he ordered. "Have you forgotten Jake-"

"I did the research, Alexander, and you are not the father." I dropped the file on my desk. I knew there was no way in hell he could have had a son. He didn't even like Erica. He just used her to look better as an Alpha.

He grinned at me in satisfaction. I raised my eyebrows, confused on why he would be so damn content. I just exposed his lies, and all he can do is laugh it off. He exploded into full blown laughter crouched over and all. He slapped his knee and even wiped a few tears. "What's so funny?" I ground my teeth.