•Chapter 8•

•Theadora Sanford•

I softly cried as I held onto the broken pieces of green fabric that was left. It was ruined. Her dress was ruined. I stared at Beta Bryce's sleeping figure on the bed. He did this. He raped me, and destroyed mama's dress. What did I do to deserve this? I made sure my sobs were at a low level so that no one would hear me, and I would be punished for waking anyone up. I gathered as much of the fabric as I could and slowly opened the door to the room. Beta Bryce was a monster.

I ran as fast as I could downstairs. I slowed as I came to the basement and stared at the door at the end of the hall. I began to walk then. I was holding the fabric against my chest as tears fell down my cheeks. I was tired of crying and feeling sorry for myself. I wanted to do something, but, I couldn't. No one would understand what I went through everyday. Not even Josh.

As I opened then door to my room, I relaxed when I heard Josh's snores. I didn't want to wake him and have him worry about me. I gently placed the broken fabric in it's original place in the box and walked into the bathroom. I stared at my body in horror. Hickeys surrounded my neck area, and my eyes were bloodshot. My skin was a sickly pale and my hair was no longer straight and fancy. It was messy and out of place. Like me.

I hugged myself and put on a brand new pair of undergarments. I put on my night gown afterwards and stared at my exposed neck. I couldn't stand staring at the things Beta Bryce caused. When I opened the door, I was shocked to see Josh standing in the doorway without a shirt on. "Thea? What took you so long?" he yawned stretching. "What time is it?" I didn't reply as he looked over me. I looked down and used my hair as a curtain for my neck.

"I don't know." I managed to whisper without a single sob.

"What's wrong?" He sounded worried and lifted my head, "Why were you crying?" He asked. I tried to swallow the hole forming inside throat. He looked over me before his eyes became hard and his eyes grew darker. "Who did this?" He demanded pulling back my hair and looking my neck. "Dammit, Thea. Who?"

I flinched as he raised his voice and replied, "B-Beta B-Bryce."

Josh began to shake, "What did he do to you?" He growled. I stayed silent. "Thea, what did he do?" He demanded angrily.

I couldn't take it anymore. I screamed, "He raped me, Josh! He raped me!" my eyes began to water again, and Josh looked on the verge of shifting.

"Thea," Josh began, "you can't stay here. You.... You can't!" He growled.

"No! I can't go!" I cried. "Don't make me leave!"

"When were you going to tell me he raped you?" Josh demanded. "When!" He repeated.

"I-I wasn't going to," I whispered bowing my head.

"Why? I need to know this stuff!" He shouted making me flinch. I was afraid he would hit me.

"I-I'm sorry. P-Please don't hit me." I begged holding up my hands to cover my face.

The atmosphere seemed to grow lighter and his anger diminished within the second. "I won't hurt you. I can't hurt you. Damn, I'm sorry for yelling I should've..." he covered his face. "I'm sorry," he finally sighed.

I hugged him tightly, "It's okay," I mumbled onto him. He rubbed my hair and stared at me.

"You're so... Innocent," he managed.

I tilted my head, "How so?"

He shook his head, "Doesn't matter. Head off to bed."

I nodded and made my way to my bed. "Josh," I called out softly as I got in the bed. I was still surprised we hadn't woken up the entire house with our banter. "could you sleep beside me?" I asked gently. He turned off the bathroom light and his footsteps got closer and closer to me. He sat down on the small space beside me and I scooted closer to him so that there was more space. He lazily slung his arm around me. I silently said my prayers and mumbled, "Goodnight, Josh."

"Good night," he grunted.

•••

When I woke up, Josh's snores were the only sound I could hear. There was something about him holding me that made me feel warm inside. The feeling vanished when he began moving around. His eyes flew open and grew big as he looked at the clock. "Shit." he whispered getting up fast and putting on his shoes.

"Josh?" I asked as he threw on his scarf.

I wasn't sure if he ignored me, or didn't hear me. "Come on, Cat." he called. Cat's furry head appeared from his little room and began to follow Josh. I tilted my head.

"Josh? What's wrong?" I asked.

He turned to me, "You have lessons today as soon as I get back," was the only thing he said before climbing out the window with Cat. He poked in his head, "and make sure to mask my scent." he added before shutting the window and leaving me. I huffed irritatedly and got up.

I walked into the bathroom to wash up. I completed my business fast with my usual shower and whatnot and put on my usual clothing. I was somewhat sore down south, but I tried my best to ignore it. I rushed out the door and into the kitchen, only to see that breakfast was already fixed. I sighed in relief as I noticed it was only Riley. "I made breakfast for you." she smiled at me.

I nodded silently and whispered, "thank you." Riley was a decent maid. She chose to be a maid, and no one really cared. She would sometimes do chores for some of the others, but it was the first time she did them for me.

She walked passed me and left the kitchen as she finished the plates. The pack normally sat together at the dining room and had special meals cooked for professionals, but I was usually the one who made the meals if it were a normal occasion in the smaller kitchen. I wiped my hands on my dress as Beta Bryce entered. I grew nervous and afraid. Alpha Alexander followed behind him with a stern expression.

"You disappeared last night." Alpha Alexander noted without looking at me.

"Yes, sir. I grew tiresome quickly. I apologize if it came off as rude, sir."

He shook his head, "No worries, just don't do it again. You'll look like a fool to Xavier. Although, that's what you are."

I stayed silent and glanced at Beta Bryce as he ate. His face was hard and angry. Was he always that angry? He frowned too much, in my opinion. When he looked up at me, more anger flooded his sight and he threw his plate at me. I gasped as it fell to the ground and shattered just before hitting me.

•••

"Cat!" I exclaimed hugging the adorable ball of fur with legs and a tail. He purred in response and I kissed his head. "Where's Josh?" he meowed in response and rubbed his head on my leg.

"Josh?" I called out. There was no response. I looked at the open window. He was still out there. He should be back by now. That was odd. I set Cat on the floor and strained my ears just in case I was missing something.

I felt a hole inside of myself. I felt as if something was wrong out there. But I couldn't go. The world was a scary place, and I had enough fears held inside this home.