•Chapter 5•

•Theadora Sanford•

"What!" Alpha Xavier growled in outrage. He stood up from his seat. I jumped and stepped farther away from the both of them.

"You have my word if you agree to the 3 conditions, you and your pack will be protected."

"You can take my soldiers and my battle strategies, but not my baby!" Xavier snarled furiously at Beta Bryce, who still kept a calm and cool façade.

"I will be king of this pack soon, and every king needs a queen."

"No. Never! The deal is off." Beta Bryce was slightly shocked that Xavier dried his offer.

He narrowed his eyes at Xavier and leaned forward in his seat, "That's the thing, Xave. It isn't a deal until you agree. With the snap of my finger," Beta Bryce snapped his finger. "I could have you dead."

Alpha Xavier narrowed his eyes, "Get out of my sight you filthy piece of shit." Bryce used his enhanced speed to push Xavier in his seat. He cuffed Alpha Xavier to the chair along with it with silver handcuffs. "What are you doing?" Alpha Xavier demanded furiously as he began yanking on the cuffs. Beta Bryce glared at Alpha Xavier. His hard, cold eyes sent shivers down my spine. How was it that one man could be so evil?

"Whore," Beta Bryce turned to me, and I bowed to show him that I was listening. "Bring me the knives." He ordered. The knives? He couldn't kill Alpha Xavier. It was cruel so cruel, even for a person like Bryce. I shakily walked over to Beta Bryce's desk and opened one of the drawers. I took out the dark wooden box box that away so familiar to me, and walked over to Beta Bryce. He snatched it out of my hands and opened it, looking at the wide selection of silver knives displayed in long and short sizes, different varieties and blades.

Alpha Xavier threw me a pleading look. His eyes big, and he glanced at me and then the keys on Beta Bryce's desk. I got his insinuation that he wanted me to free him.

I backed up towards the wall as Beta Bryce picked out a knife. I was fraud of what Beta Bryce would do to me, as well. "I guess I'll have to do this by force. It didn't have to be this way, Xavier." Beta Bryce sighed menacingly.

I couldn't take it anymore! He couldn't kill Alpha Xavier! I needed to help him. I crept unnoticed to Beta Bryce's desk, and I slowly picked up the keys. I was careful not to jingle them at all. Xavier noticed me and turned to Beta Bryce. "You monster!" He shouted, trying to distract Beta Bryce from noticing me also.

Beta Bryce chuckled, "You don't have to state the obvious, Xavier."

"You're going to be a terrible alpha." Xavier narrowed his eyes as I slowly walked forward. My hand slipped and the keys fell to the ground, it seemed to echo throughout the room. Uh oh.

Beta Bryce turned to me, and the fallen keys on the ground. "You betraying bitch! Going against your own alpha!" He barked slapping me. I bit my tongue to stop a scream from leaving. "Fine, since you think you can disobey me, you have to kill him." Beta Bryce gave me the knife.

I shook my head, tears falling out of my eyes, "No, please. I'm sorry!" I begged him.

He chuckled darkly, "Do it, little girl."

He gave me a head start by pushing me towards alpha Xavier. Xavier gave me a pleading look, not to kill him. I couldn't kill him. I couldn't kill anyone or anything. Not even a fly for Pete's sake. "I can't." I sobbed, my bottom lip quivered.

Beta Bryce grabbed my waist tightly, "Kill him, or I kill you."

More tears fell out like a thunder storm, Xavier had finally given up. Without thinking, I stabbed the knife into Beta Bryce's stomach and ran to the keys. Beta Bryce fell to the ground, screaming at the silver and cursing at me. I worked fast, unlocking Alpha Xavier as Beta Bryce pulled the knife out. "Go!" I shouted at Alpha Xavier.