•Chapter 14•

•Theadora Sanford•

"I'm so sorry, Cat." I bent down and placed the flower on his grave. I made the gravestone myself out of paper mache, and put his grave beside Mama's. I didn't have a body to bury, so I just gathered his belongings in a blanket and Josh dug for me.

"It's going to be okay." Josh placed his hand on my shoulder as a tear slipped out of my eyes. "I promise this won't be your forever." he added.

"Josh..." I whispered without looking at him.

"Hm?"

"Remember the story you told me? About Cinderella?" I questioned.

"Yes." he responded.

I looked up at his eyes, "Can you be my Prince Charming?"

He held my gaze. He didn't respond for a few moments. I looked back down at the snow and another tear fell. Josh's hand tilted my head upwards. "Yes," my heart skipped a beat, "but I can't promise you this is a fairytale with a happy ending."

Any ending was happy with Josh involved. At least, in my book it was. He kissed my cheek softly, "Let's get going." he whispered in my ear. I silently crouched down and opened the window. I made it inside stealthily and Josh followed behind me.

"Do you think Cat is an angel now, like mama?" I asked Josh. I sucked in a breath and tried not to cry. "I miss him." I whispered.

"Hey, hey, don't cry Thea. Of course he's an angel." he assured hugging me. "Your mom is, too. She's watching over you and she's so proud at how you've grown. Strong, smart, independent, beautiful...." he trailed off.

"Why did people give up on the Moon Goddess?" I whispered. The Dilemma was a time when everyone stopped believing in the Moon Goddess and a mass amount of people stopped getting mates and now having a mate is a once in a lifetime chance.

"People gave up on her because loving another person is weak." his eyes were suddenly cold and somehow he looked different.

"Does that make me weak?"

He blinked and stared at me. "Thea, wh-what?" he seemed puzzled by my question.

"I-I love y-"

He looked away, "No. Don't say it, Thea." he cut me off. "No you don't."

"B-But I thought..."

"You thought wrong. This isn't right, and you know it. Why? Just.... Why?"

"You make me feel things I've never felt before. That's why I love you." I wanted him to understand. How could he not? He kissed me!

"Stop!" he growled making me stumble away from him. Josh's nails became claws and his teeth became fangs. I threw myself towards him, "Stay back." he grumbled pushing me on the floor and my eyes shut closed as the sound of bones popping filled my ears.

Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! I repeated over and over to myself. I froze when air blew against my face. I slowly opened my eyes. On cue, a scream flew passed my lips at the large beast towering above me. He growled back angrily. His eyes were completely black. The door to my room flew open, and I closed my eyes tightly. Josh grabbed his bag in between his teeth and crashed out of the window. I covered myself just in case the shards of glass cut me.

"What the hell! Are you okay, Thea?" I was frozen, but shaking on the floor. Jake placed his hand on my back and I stared up at him, "He.... He... He..." I could hardly speak. He silently grabbed my hand and lifted me from the ground.

"Don't talk, alright?" he advised helping me to my bed. "I'll tell Alpha Alexander immediately. You just stay here and-"

"No! No! Please don't tell Alpha Alexander. Please!" I begged. "You can't tell anyone!"

"Thea, don't you understand? You were attacked by a rouge! How did he get in here in the first place? Wait- Isn't that the rouge that was supposed to be killed or something?"

"Jake, please! I'm begging you." I cried. "I'll do anything!"

Jake sighed and looked at me, "Will you stop crying if I don't?"

"Yes! I promise!" I sniffed.

"Then I believe we have a deal."

•Bryce Jole•

"Oh yeah." I restrained myself from touching her just yet. She bent down low and swung herself around and unzipped my pants. "Good girl." I smirked as she grabbed my raging cock and began to suck on it. I moaned in satisfaction and the sound of my phone ringing pulled me out of my session. "Keep going." I told her as I answered the call. "What?" I growled into the phone.

"Bryce, I don't understand where I'm supposed to import the wolfsbane. They check inventory everyday." Rafael said.

I massaged my temple, "Are you deaf? I said give me the wolfsbane and I'll finish off the Jake guy, alright? Meet me tonight by the pier and we'll make the trade-off then."

"Yes sir, I'll be there at 9."

"Good." I ended the call and threw my phone back on my desk. I pushed her head down until she reached the end and began to choke. "Go all the way down. Don't half-ass it." I growled.

I leant my head back and closed my eyes. That Jake guy was going down. No one would ever take my place as alpha, and with Jake out of the way, there was no way Alexander could stop me.

There was no way anyone could stop me.

•Theadora Sanford•

I tossed and turned in my bed. I was freezing from the broken window, so I was stuck in the cold. My teeth chattered as I stared at the empty room where Josh was supposed to be.

He still hadn't returned after he shifted. Maybe he wouldn't ever come back. I didn't want him to leave. I couldn't take it. It felt different to have him so distant and I didn't know if he were coming back or not.

I didn't realize I was crying until a breeze blew in and nearly froze a tear on my face. "Please. P-lease c-come b-back." I whispered closing my eyes just as a shadow appeared in my room. I opened my eyes again and stared at the figure. It grew bigger and bigger and I had a feeling it was after me.

Something dropped inside my room from the window, and I stared at the heap on the ground. I put my blankets up as a shield as the heap stood up and formed into a man.

Josh.

I grew even more scared as he stared at me. "Thea," he rushed to me and embraced me tightly. He stared into my eyes and I felt as if he could see my soul. Without another hesitation, he brought his lips on mine in a kiss.