Chapter 18

Iseul bit down on one of the cookies she and Taehyung baked while bouncing on the huge gym ball in the middle of the living room.

She had tried everything to induce labour from eating dates to having sex. Yet nothing seemed to work. So now she was sat on the gym ball bouncing while watching the tv.

Taehyung was in the bathroom getting ready while Iseul was rewatching her favourite show. She finished the rest of the cookie before standing up and kicking the gym ball to the side. She picked up the remote from the coffee table and went to YouTube.

She put on "Boy with Love" and started dancing along. Her Ob/Gyn had also adviced her to exercise in order to induce labour. Halfway into the song Taehyung walked into the living smiling at the view of Iseul dancing.

"Oh my god." He laughed out leaning against the wall by the tv as Iseul blew a kiss in his direction. After dancing to a few more songs Iseul sat down joining Taehyung on the couch. She breathed out heavily wiping the sweat of her forehead.

"That was really good." Taehyung smiled as Iseul laid her head on his shoulder.

"Watch me replace you in BTS but after pushing this baby out." Iseul teased glancing up at Taehyung who rolled his eyes. She kissed his jaw and sat up.

She stood up from the couch and started walking to the kitchen leaving Taehyung behind. As she entered the kitchen she felt a wet liquid trail down her legs.

She reached down her legs and felt inside her thighs. "Taehyung!" She yelled out. Taehyung ran into kitchen and saw Iseul standing in one spot over a liquid.

"My water broke." She mumbled. "Oh my gosh, should we go to hospital?" Taehyung panicked walking closer to Iseul. "Honey calm down." Iseul smiled. "We need to wait for my contractions to become closer." She calmed him down.

"Please get me a mop." She asked. Taehyung nodded and took out a mop in the cleaning cabinet. He cleaned the area under Iseul before putting it back in the cabinet.

Iseul thanked him and went to the bathroom. She showered before getting ready while Taehyung went over the hospital bag. She put her hair in two French braids and tied the ends.

A few hours passed and Iseul's contraction had become five minutes apart. She was in the living room while Taehyung massaged her back. She groaned in pain as another contraction hit. "I think we need to go now." She said.

Taehyung hummed before pulling down Iseul shirt and leaving the room. He came back a few minutes later holding the hospital bag and a car seat in a different change of clothes.

"C'mon." He breathed out helping Iseul stand up from the couch.

Hwang_Iseul01's story

When they checked-in at the hospital and Iseul was seven cm dilated

When they checked-in at the hospital and Iseul was seven cm dilated. She was high on epidural, singing and dancing to 'partition' by Beyoncé while Taehyung recorded her with a vhs camera. "If anyone wants to know how I got pregnant listen to partition." She drawled out.

Taehyung laughed at Iseul behind the camera. He stopped recording and put the camera down. Iseul walked to him and kissed him on the lips. "I love you and I don't think I'm gonna love you in a few hours." She said.

"It's okay, I love you too." He smiled kissing her back before guiding her to the bed. "But please rest." Taehyung said sitting her on the bed.

"Mmh." She closed her eyes as Taehyung tucked her in the bed. He sat down on the chair by her bed when a midwife walked in. She checked Iseul heartbeat first then the baby when a panicked look flashed across her face.

She forced a smiled towards Taehyung before walking out the room. Iseul's OB/GYN, Jihyoon walked into the room a few minutes later and read over Iseul's chart again.

"Mister Kim?" Jihyoon said. "Mmh." Taehyung perked up. "We might need to do a c-section since we're having a hard time hearing the baby's heart." Jihyoon explained checking Iseul's blood pressure.

...

Iseul looked at Taehyung as the doctors sliced away at her skin. She couldn't feel anything thanks to the anaesthesia. "You better have my ten thousand won ready." Iseul whispered. "Is that what you're thinking about right now?" Taehyung asked with a bewildered look on his face.

Iseul smiled in amusement at Taehyung's reaction. Minutes later loud cries filled the room interrupting the silence. "It's a girl!" Jihyoon exclaimed as Iseul and Taehyung started crying.

"Pay up." Taehyung joked while the midwife wiped their baby. "Oh shut up." Iseul rolled her eyes.

..

"Say hi to baby Haneul." Iseul said cradling Haneul in her arms while Taehyung recorded her with a camera. "Born 15 December 2022."

"She's so cute, she looks so much like Taehyung." Iseul smiled before kissing Haneul's forehead. "Already daddy's princess."

Liked by User 1 and 20 155 729 others thv 15/12/22 @/Hwang_Iseul01•••

thv 15/12/22 @/Hwang_Iseul01

...tap to view comments