Trip to Italy

I think we were in 7th grade when all of our parents decided to go on a vast Italy tour. They visited every famous city, like Milan, Rome, Sicily, and Venice. The plan was to travel to Rome first from America by yacht. Then to Milan. At that moment, Milan fashion week will be going on, and we will be there all week. Then, after fashion week, we will go to Venice. Finally, end the trip to Sicily at the White Lotus Hotel. And then back to America. We all woke up at 5 a.m. and went on to the deck, ready for the trip. There were only a few rooms where we had to fight over where we would hang out. We found a room where almost everybody could fit in. almost since they tried their best to remove me, but I didn't let that happen. We had a lot of fun, to be honest. We played games along the way, we listened to songs, and we had a limerick competition where I failed miserably. Tommy was the funniest in our group; most of his jokes were about putting down others. Well, some would argue his jokes are just roasting; I should not take them seriously. Yes, I do laugh at some of his jokes. But when you have to listen to the same insults repeatedly, it's not funny anymore; it gets mean-spirited.

After a few hours of silly and dumb conversation, all of them fell asleep. I didn't, because I can't sleep in a moving vehicle. Tommy slept on my shoulders very silently. It's nice when he isn't very mean, just innocently sleeping. A few hours later, all of them woke up. Dude, you totally fell asleep on my shoulder," I said to him. "Don't fucking lie, I am not gay like you," he replied. Well, I shouldn't have said that. In fact, I should have knocked his head off while he was sleeping. We landed in Rome as planned, and we were met with our hotel staff welcoming us. They directed us to a hotel that we had previously booked. We were walking by the streets of Trastevere. We went to our hotel, and the moment we entered, we were met with a pool. We packed our bags and went directly to the pool. We literally had a party. We decided to play volleyball. After all, playing, we all went to one singular room to enjoy. Kylie's room was the largest, and seeing Kylie's house, Kendall also demanded a larger room from her parents. Their parents didn't want to meet their needs; in fact, they ended up getting the cheapest and smallest room out of all of us. We didn't go to her room because it was embarrassing for her. Kylie didn't allow us into her room. We ended up in Tom's room, and we enjoyed it there. Tommy and Kylie snuck some drinks to spice things up. I tried to avoid it because I was 12 and it's illegal to do it. Also, if we get caught, at least I will be clean. We played truth and dare with the empty bottle. The first turn was mine, and as I chose truth, they asked me if I had a crush on anyone in this room. I had been crushing on Mark because, for some reason, I like smart and nerdy guys. But I couldn't say it because it would have to give a whole lot of explanation. So I just said, Kendall. I could lie, but I was nervous, and saying Mark's name would have been a huge problem. It kind of became awkward between us, but she didn't bother. We were classmates at the time, so we became best friends. Then the bottle spun, and then it went to Tommy. Tommy chose to dare, and we tried to come up with something as we did. Mark said Tommy should kiss Kylie. I agreed with him, thinking it was just a joke. It wasn't; Tommy didn't hesitate to kiss Kylie on the cheeks. We make those sounds when kids find something cool. We said "oooooooo" collectively. Kylie was visibly embarrassed. We didn't take it as seriously as we would now. We made a little fun of him. Eventually, the party ended, and we went to our beds.

The next day, we decided to go to Piazza Navona first. We were advised by the staff members to walk the streets. We did, and even though it was hard to walk so much, it was worth it. We walked through the market in Piazza Campo de' Fiori. We bought so many things from the market, and we also have free pasta samples. And we stopped by to eat some pasta. And then I continued the journey. Kylie was very disturbed last night. I asked her "Is everything alright?". She replied, Yes, I am fine; don't annoy me with these questions again!". "I asked you a question, not a question," I replied to her. "Stop annoying me!" She enraged me. I backed off, not to cause any more fights. We went to the place, and it was wonderful to watch. We headed for Pantheon. On our way, we ordered a pizza. While eating, a bit of the pizza fell off. Tommy looked at me and said, Look, you are so disgusting that even Pizza committed suicide. The pizza was like I don't want to be eaten by this faggot". This made Kylie happy again, but at what cost? I ignored it as usual, even though that insult was deeply engraved in my head. I tried to forget it as much as possible. We found out the Pantheon was closed, so without wasting any time, we headed for the Colosseum. On our way, we found the famous Trevi Fountain. I took a coin and wished that Tommy would stop bullying me forever. We went to the Colosseum, as we say, the most iconic place in Italy. It was so quiet. We took some pictures, and we were allowed to enter since we were rich. I am not proud of it. We learned the history of that place, but for most of it, we were bored. We went back to the hotel, and at night, wearing beautiful evening dresses, we went to eat dinner. Apparently, Tommy didn't get the very obvious memo that we should wear something formal in a five-star restaurant. He was so mad at us for not telling him. He wore a hoodie with shorts and flip-flops. I mean, it could be worse. I have seen worse straight-men fashion fails. I was feeling bad, not because he felt left out. Because he was wearing a hoodie and I was wearing a black shirt with a white flower print and Ralph Lauren 1950s pants. He was so mad that he didn't even eat well. His parents were mad at him for not eating properly, but he yelled at them back. We were all shocked that his parents didn't say anything to him; they just sat there and took everything.

After all the drama that took place last night, we decided not to hang out together in one room. We were in our separate rooms, hanging out. I was scared about the fact that this was going to be our whole trip. But me being a Sagittarius, I was thinking positively and thought, 'A memorable trip always has drama'.