Chapter 22 | Act 2

(Vergil Enegram's POV)

"How is this here?" I muttered to myself in my study, looking at the notebook at the table.

It was my old world father, Sparda's notebook. At first I thought it wasn't Sparda's notebook, but after properly reading it, it was really his notebook.

From the Demon world and Human World, the Qliphoth Tree, to Mundus and Argosax, and the creatures in the underworld, and his experiences, it was like his journal.

I read the notebook and something caught my eye.

"I thought there was only one human world and demon world, but it turned out there were an infinite amount of them." It said on the journal.

What? How does Sparda know that there were different worlds other than those two?

I flipped the pages and there I saw my answer.

"The Underworld, it turned out, was a bridge to other worlds and had layers that demons couldn't enter. Like other dimensions, different to the 2 worlds most demons know about. Why we could only go to the Human world we all knew was most likely because that world was the closest to the Demon world, and because of humans there knowing of our existance, and the monuments and gates to the Demon world they created, we could go there much easily.

How do we go to the other worlds? It was hard to discern how we would know that we reached a different world, since some worlds are just us doing a different thing or doing the opposite of what we did in our world. Must investigate further."

The notebook ended there. Perhaps there were more notebooks? I'll have to find them if there are, but where do I even start? I can't be in every place at once. Aghhh, this was impossible.

"Vergil? Are you awake? Breakfast is ready!" I heard a voice from outside my door.

"Yeah, hold on I'm just finishing up with something!" I said, closing the notebook and putting it on my desk.

Opening the door revealed my mother.

"What were you doing in there?" My mother asked, seeing the state of my room.

It was a mess, notebooks on the floor, books piled up near the study area and papers scattered throughout the room.

"Nothing! What's for breakfast?" I changed the subject.

Me and my mother talked while getting to the dining room.

•×•×•×•×•×•×•×•

If my demon-half is in this world, and Sparda's notebook is also in this world, what else is not from this world? It is strange... If Urizen was here, how come I haven't come in contact with other demons? They aren't exactly the smartest bunch, they rely on instincts, and even the weakest demon can defeat one of the strongest mages here.

"--Gil! Vergil! Vergil!" My father called out.

"Huh? What is it?" I asked my father.

"You haven't been zoned out for the past couple of minutes, what's on your mind?" My father asked me.

"Nothing, nothing." I replied.

"So Gil, when will you get back to adventuring?" Uncle Vincent asked me.

"Perhaps in a week or so, though I'll need a new weapon for a dungeon." I said.

"Right, since you did say your blade broke a while ago, I made a dagger that you might like." My father said, giving me a dagger.