Chapter 45 | Act 3

•|•   Manifested fears  •|•

(3rd Person POV - 2 days later)

Vergil and his 2 comrades walked around the Beast Glades, killing Mana Beasts that gotten close to them and watching to find the armored man. They spent the first day talking of introductions and strategies, learning their teams' strengths, and planning to make a plan catered to those strengths. A Fire Conjurer that's also an emitter at the back, A Wind Augmenter with a spear at the middle, and a Fire and Water Augmenter with a sword at the front, the 3 of them walked the Beast Glades at the last known sighting of the armored man, doing their best to stay vigilant.

"So, do you think this armored man is any powerful?" Hanz, the Fire Conjurer asked the group.

"Most likely. They did kill two AA-class adventurers." Sasha, the Wind Augmenter replied, polishing her spear.

"Best to stay vigilant, we have to think our foe is stronger than us. We mustn't be complacent." Vergil told the two, holding the handle of his sword readying himself for anything. (A/N: It's not the Yamato)

"Say Vergil, where did you get that sword? It's a very good looking sword. I was looking for another blacksmith to make my spear, mind if you give me his name?" Sasha asked the boy.

"Of course, I got this from my father. He made the sword after the first one broke when I fought an illegal auction ring a couple years ago." Vergil told her, giving her the location of his father's smithy in a piece of paper.

Sasha thanked the boy, putting the paper in her dimension ring, the 3 walked around a while more as they looked for anything, nearing a place Vergil recognize, the cave that Sylvia resided in.

"Anything?" Hanz asked the group. The two shook their heads in reply.

It was weird, there was evidence of a battle here, but there was no mana around. Now, that they thought about it, it was quiet. Like there was no beast near them, not even a small bird...

(Whoosh!)

Vergil tackled the two people to the ground, as a wave of fire went over their heads.

"Well, that was a wake up call." Hanz said dryly, as the three stood back up, getting into position as they prepared for battle.

They looked at the one the that shot the wave of flame, finding their culprit and target. To the dismay of Vergil, his worst fears came through fruition.

"Nelo Angelo..." Vergil muttered as his expression darkened, which got heard by the other two.

"Nelo Angelo? What the hell is a 'Nelo Angelo'?" Hanz asked the boy.

"Something that we can't afford to let go, scrap the capturing of him. He must be killed now!" Vergil told the group as he dashed towards the armored man, performing a downward slash that was blocked by the Nelo Angelo. Nelo Angelo swung his broadsword at Vergil, as he blocked quickly with Earth magic, to the shock of his companions, yet the wall of rock shattered immediately as Vergil quickly used his sword to block the incoming attack.

The sword Vergil held broke cracked as he blocked the broadsword, the impact made Vergil move away from the Nelo Angelo as he regrouped with his team.

"Tch. Fucker's strong, he cracked my blade." Vergil said, putting the damaged sword in his dimension ring, bringing out the Yamato from his core.

"What's the plan?" Sasha asked the two, as she took up a better fighting stance.

"Hanz, cover us with your Fire Magic, tell us where your firing, we'll try to dodge the attacks you spit out. Sasha, try to cover me and Hanz, your role is to keep Hanz safe and find a chance to strike. I'll handle taking the Nelo Angelo's attention." Vergil told them, with the others nodding in reply.