Chapter 40 | Act 3

•|• Return to home •|•

(Arthur Leywin's POV - 2 year later)

There I stood in front of a luxurious manor in Xyrus, my parents were just behind this door.

"We're home, Sylv. We're finally home." I muttered shakily under my breath.

"Kyu? (I thought we were home before?)"

I took careful steps walking up the flight of stairs and took one deep breath. Dusting off my shirt and pants, I was about to knock on the door, but it opened on its own, revealing on the other side a familiar face.

"Arthur, it's good to see you. You've grown." Vergil told me, patting me on the shoulder.

A young girl, looking about 3 years of age was behind Vergil, looking at me innocently. I was about to talk when I heard another familiar voice coming from the background.

"Eleanor Leywin! There you are! You have to stop following Vergil when he gets the..." My mother stopped mid sentence and dropped a small bowl of food for what seemed to be... My younger sister.

I struggled to keep my eyes from watering as I said one thing I knew my mother wanted to hear:

"H-hi Mom. I'm home." I said, gesturing a small wave, not knowing what to do if she couldn't recognize me.

Fortunately, my fear didn't come to fruition and she raced towards me at a speed I swear was faster than Gramps, but that might've been because of my blurry vision.

"Oh, my baby! Arthur!" She collapsed on her knees and hugged me tightly, afraid that I would disappear again if she let go.

"You're alive! The voice... I knew it was you! You're finally back, you're finally home!" That was all she could manage to get out before breaking down into a bawl.

The young girl behind Vergil, Eleanor, my sister, stopped hiding behind him as she tried to comfort her mother, before crying with her as well.

Vergil stood there, smiling softly looking at reunited family. He walked away from us to allow us to have some alone time.

After a couple seconds of Vergil leaving I heard someone call my name from the direction he left. I found the sprinting figure of my father drenched in sweat. He must have been told that I was back.

He didn't stop sprinting and simply slid on his knee, hugging all of us as we almost fell over.

"Arthur! You're back! Look how big you are!" My father was cupping my head to get a better look at me. Our family reunion continued on. My mother sobbing uncontrollably, embracing me, and my oblivious little sister crying with her, and my father and I just looked at each other with tears in our eyes.

We were all sitting on the couch, with Vergil's parents joining us. They were here as they helped take care of my family after my supposed death, deciding to also settle down here, with their own manor next to the manor we were currently in.

"Are you okay? Did you eat 3 meals a day? Did you sleep soundly?" My mom bombarded me with questions as she kept hugging me tightly.

Eleanor was looking at Sylvie curiously, which in turn, made Sylvie look at Eleanor curiously as well.

My dad also looked at her curiously, but he didn't mention her, instead looking back at me, where his gaze soften, shaking his head, saying how big I was.