Chapter 26 - Where have you been?

July 19, 2023

For some reason, a part of Phil felt safe and comforted in that wolf's presence. Despite the bone chilling horridness that the man did right in front of him, his intuition tells him that the man wouldn't dare harm him in such a way. Considering how many times that man had saved him, it tells a strong message that he cares for Phil's safety and vitality.

Having been sitting on the cold stone beneath him for what feels like over a year, he felt no concern about Mexico being unable to find him. "He'll find me soon.... just as he always does" Phil says in a low solemn tone, reminiscing about all the pure memories they made while playing hide and seek when they were young. "I just have to wait for a little  while more" he says as he finds himself wrapping his arms around his bare shoulders. Because of his clothes, almost his whole body is exposed to the cold atmosphere. Especially his shins that are painfully connected to the cold stone he is sitting on. With each passing minute, he slowly begins to shiver more and more both because of the cold and the creeping fear of not being found.

A sense of pity over his pathetic situation washes over him, making him sigh in disappointment in himself. The deafening silence and the cold air surrounding him only deepens the loneliness and sadness he is feeling at the moment. He feels his eyes begin to water but with all his strength he maintains a good pace of breathing and calmness in order to battle his hidden emotions. In this moment, he wants nothing more than to be embraced tightly for warmth and emotional stability. Suddenly, he is pulled back to his past thoughts pertaining as to why he hates being so alone where he is too weak and vulnerable both mentally and physically. He dislikes being alone, left on his own to fend off his intrusive thoughts. Over and over when he is own his own, he remembers the stabbing pain he felt the day he lost his entire family. The guilt of being the only one left alive consumes him to the brink of insanity, constantly making him feel quite suicidal. But all of his grief and worry leaves him, the moment people start surrounding him and showering him with their concern and love for him. The realization that he cannot live without a man's constant embrace looms over him.

"Shit! Phil!"

Soon enough, his slowly slipping sanity strengthened upon hearing Mexico's voice.

"Damn, it's so cold in here. Phil are you okay?"

Mexico is hyperfixated on Philip that he did not notice the disgusting gore that the wolf left behind, until he somehow stepped on something wet and squishy. His browns furrowed even further as his eyes widened in shock. The fear of Philip having been hurt by the creature who did this overcame his thoughts, thus making him run quicker to reach Philip. As soon as Mexico's hands touched Philip's freezing skin, Philip felt so relieved that he instinctively collapsed his body in his arms in hopes of receiving more warmth. 'I knew you'd find me, Mex.... you've always been great at finding me' Philip's weary smile widens, as the pace of his breathing goes back to normal.

"You're hot, but you're freezing cold!"

Philip sighs deeply at that idiotic remark that came out of Mexico's mouth. He closed his eyes, feeling safe enough to entrust Mexico with taking care of him and bringing him home alive and well to warmth. In a brief moment, Mexico took off his jacket and stripped off his belt and pants to have Philip wear them. 'But you'll be cold, Mex...' Philip worries but Mexico ignores him and proceeded to tie his belt properly on Phil's much thinner waist.

"My life and well being would be meaningless without you, Phil. You are my strength and will to live. Without you, I'll be nothing but a husk of a man. You are the most of importance here" Mexico then places the hat he bought for Philip securely on his head. He smiles softly, seeing how comfortable Philip is in his clothes and how adorable he is in that hat just as he imagined. He kisses Philip lightly on the lips before whispering softly "Let's go home now, mi cielo". He then picked him up as if he weighed nothing. Although he expected Phil to just immediately fall asleep, he is more delighted that Philip clung to him all the way back to the others.