The Therapist Friend

𝐼 𝑑𝑒𝑐𝑖𝑑𝑒𝑑 𝑡𝑜 𝑡𝑎𝑘𝑒 𝑎 𝑏𝑟𝑒𝑎𝑘 𝑓𝑟𝑜𝑚 𝑟𝑒𝑞𝑢𝑒𝑠𝑡𝑠,𝑠𝑖𝑛𝑐𝑒 𝐼 𝑠ℎ𝑜𝑢𝑙𝑑 ℎ𝑎𝑣𝑒 𝑜𝑛𝑙𝑦 𝑜𝑛𝑒 𝑙𝑒𝑓𝑡 𝑡𝑜 𝑑𝑜,𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑡𝑜 𝑝𝑢𝑏𝑙𝑖𝑠ℎ 𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑠 𝑐ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟. 𝑇ℎ𝑖𝑠 𝑜𝑛𝑒 𝑖𝑠 𝑘𝑖𝑛𝑑𝑎 𝑎𝑛 𝑜𝑢𝑡-𝑏𝑢𝑟𝑠𝑡? 𝐼𝑑𝑘,𝑏𝑢𝑡 𝑖𝑡'𝑠 𝑏𝑎𝑠𝑒𝑑 𝑜𝑛 𝑙𝑖𝑡𝑒𝑟𝑎𝑙𝑙𝑦 𝑤ℎ𝑎𝑡 𝑚𝑦 𝑙𝑖𝑓𝑒 𝑖𝑠 𝑙𝑖𝑘𝑒. (𝐹𝑢𝑐𝑘𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑠𝑢𝑐𝑘𝑠,𝐼 𝑘𝑛𝑜𝑤)

☾︎♫︎𝚂𝚊𝚙𝚗𝚊𝚙-𝚌𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚛𝚒𝚌;𝚊𝚗𝚐𝚜𝚝 𝚠𝚒𝚝𝚑 𝚊 𝚕𝚒𝚝𝚝𝚕𝚎 𝚘𝚏 𝚏𝚕𝚞𝚏𝚏;𝙽𝚘 𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚙𝚢 𝚎𝚗𝚍𝚒𝚗𝚐;𝕋𝕎:𝚍𝚎𝚙𝚛𝚎𝚜𝚜𝚒𝚘𝚗,𝚜𝚞𝚒𝚌𝚒𝚍𝚎 𝚊𝚝𝚝𝚎𝚖𝚙𝚝,𝚒𝚜𝚘𝚕𝚊𝚝𝚒𝚘𝚗♫︎☽︎

Sapnap has always been a quiet person,with a normal life and a good academic performance,a close-knit group of friends and people you can count on. He had no family problems,he didn't smoke or drink to forget his problems and in general he was well loved by people. He was an average guy.

Although many thought otherwise,his nature and disposition were not as explosive as he wanted to make people seem him. Likewise. He was soft-spoken,silent,calm and logical. He was an extrovert,but not the kind of extrovert that runs through you like a train and takes everything away.

He never judged anyone and managed to make you feel at ease without too many problems. So it wasn't such a big surprise to find out that he was the one who sorted things out when his friends argued. He got them talking,being comfortable as he listened to them,advising them on what he thought was best for them,and encouraging them to talk things out when they were ready. Always checking that they were okay,that nothing was wrong and that they were having a good time.

Gradually,he had become the therapist friend of the group. In a group of friends,most of the time,it was as if there were pre-established roles:

There was the one who carried everything on his shoulders,taking the initiative and who was usually the first to get in any situation. A leader.

The always nice one who always made jokes to cheer you up,to distract you from bad thoughts or unpleasant situations,and to keep up the mood of the group on a light level. The optimist.

The one tormented by his past who had taken refuge in a safe place to find trusted people,now betrayed by the rest of the world and with problems opening up. The insecure one.

The one that tries to involve others in participating in group activities,or even single ones,to help them slowly come out of their shell and make them feel confident about themselves. The extrovert.

And then there was the calm person who kept his friends from getting into too serious trouble -he had once had to restrain one of his friends from trying to snatch a pretty fish from an aquarium- ready to help them in any situation. The therapist.

Of course,not all groups of friends were formed by these roles or dynamics,but they were the most common ones to find.

Being that kind of friend was...it was weird.

For him it had always been like a second skin,to care for others and be there for them in their difficult times.Try to advise on the best ways to resolve their situations or their pain,without ending up in a tunnel of darkness formed by fictitious habits.
Always lend a shoulder to cry on,in case it needed to vent,and support them when the world collapsed around them.