Eggman's Dilemma

Eggman snored, and then jolted awake. He woke up by his own snore, not the first time. He got up, still feeling tired. He looked at where the tank should be. But it was gone, actually, it was broken on the steps of his place. He was suddenly not tired anymore; he was more awake than he ever could be.

"WHAT WHAT WHAT?!" Robotnik shouted, he couldn't believe his eyes. "How... I was only asleep for 2 seconds! Where could those dastardly creatin's be!?" 

Eggman stormed to the crime scene and kicked the glass on the floor, how could they sliver from his grasp? Where could they have gone, all of the doors were locked by his knowledge. 

"Wait a minute..." he couldn't remember locking the front door. He boiled with anger, "I will make them all into sushi when I get them! Say goodbye to Bikini Bottom!" 

He was about to go out the door, until someone or some squid stopped him. "Wait, you can't destroy Bikini Bottom." Squidward said, his tentacle resting on Robotnik's shoulder. 

Robotnik turned around, the buff squid there to greet him. He gasped; he was talking! His invention worked! 

"Why can't I destroy Bikini Bottom?" Eggman asked, his fists clenched. 

"Because I live there, and my friends live there." Squidward replied. 

Robotnik shrugged off Squidward and began to walk to the door, he had to carry out his plan. No one would stop him, not even the hot squid. 

"Your friends? Are they really your friends? They left you to die here, they didn't even try to find you. Is that what you classify as friends?" Eggman said. 

Squidward began to think and realized that he was right, they did leave him to die. He also realized that SpongeBob was extremely annoying, as well as Patrick, and everyone else. Mr. Krabs hadn't paid him in a year, and the customers hated him. He realized that enough was enough.

"You're right, they aren't my friends, but I still can't let you destroy Bikini Bottom. I still live there." Squidward said, but Robotnik just sighed. 

"You don't have to live there anymore; you can live with me!" Robotnik said. 

Squidward considered this possibility, he hated his life at Bikini Bottom, especially recently with everyone chasing him down. 

"Why did you let me live? And grant me the power to breathe above water?" Squidward inquired. 

Robotnik turned away from Squidward, reaching the doorframe. He stood there for a while, considering what to say. 

"It's because... you have a lot of potential, unlike those goons." 

"Potential... potential for what?" 

"Have you heard of the chaos emeralds, squid?"

"No, I haven't, my name is Squidward." 

Eggman smiled and turned to see Squidward, he knew they had the potential to rule over the world. 

"Alright, Squidward. The chaos emeralds are precious stones, they contain a power like none other, understand? I need these stones to make my utopia possible, but Sonic and his friends foil my plans every time. I need you to help me." Robotnik said, Squidward looked puzzled. 

"What's in it for me." 

"Didn't you hear? The chaos emeralds hold a power so strong it could crack earth apart; you can do anything. You can get back at your so-called friends, show them how powerful you've become." Robotnik smirked. 

Squidward stopped for a moment, thinking over this decision that would possibly change the direction of his life. 

"I'm in."