Corruption

HEY HI GUYS, so basically I'm just gonna say that there's violence and like abuse and stuff in this chapter. So if you don't like that then uhhhhh, im sorry!!

"Yer saying ya want Squidward to be apart of S.B.B?" Sandy squinted incredulously.

"Yes!" SpongeBob exclaimed, "he would be a great addition to our team."

Sandy sighed and leaned over her desk, taking SpongeBob aback. "Ya have sum gall to come up to me after ya pulled that stunt the other day. And to take that a step further yer preachin' to me bout taking Squidward under my wing? Gosh darn, if you two weren't both men I'd say that you'd like the fella."

SpongeBob nearly fell from his seat as he grabbed the armrest, leaning his head back as to not be so close to Sandy. He didn't expect for her to say such a bold statement all of a sudden, but he knew she said it to get on his nerves.

SpongeBob knew almost as much as anyone that he'd been a hindrance to Sandy these days, even so he wanted her to give Squidward a chance. He wasn't as bad as everyone thought; he wasn't a spy or some sort of secret assassin, well, not to SpongeBob's knowledge.

He was sick and tired of Sandy's unjust abuse and ridicule against him and his friend, he had to stand up for himself and Squidward.

"Whats wrong with us both being men, I thought you were more open minded." He huffed.

"Oh? I see, well if yer that way then I guess everythin' makes sense. No wonder you act the way you do, sensitive and lady-like."

SpongeBob scowled in anger, having the urge to slap her across the face and declare that he, in fact, was not that way. But he knew belligerent actions would get him nowhere and would only prove to worsen his image. So he calmed his mind and resisted the instinct to give her a piece of his mind.

"Sandy, I am not that way, as you suggest. Even if I was I don't see the point in mocking me for it, not all men who are homosexual act sensitive and lady-like as you just described. I know a number of men wh-"

"Silence!" Sandy screamed, hitting her hands against the desk. "This is the last straw, SpongeBob! One more peep out of ya and I'll exile you! I'll toss you on an islet and leave ya there to die!"

SpongeBob retreated from his seat and started towards the door in fear. He was aware Sandy was having another one of her outbursts, and he didn't want to be caught in the middle of it.

Sandy caught up to him and slammed her hand against the door.

He trembled as he spoke, "why do you torment me to the point of abuse?! Ordering me at every turn but disregarding my own advice and insight?!"

"I am the leader of the S.B.B, it is my duty to keep slobs like ya in their place!" Sandy striked SpongeBob across his face.

SpongeBob staggered to the wall, eyes darting, hoping for a way to escape. Pleading for someone, anyone, to save him.

"Poor SpongeBob, quivering against the wall, suffering such vituperative shouting from his boss. But who would believe such alarming claims? I'm the one with power here. No matter how succinctly ya describe what happens 'ere no one in their right mind would turn on me. Do ya understand?" She smirked.

"...Why are you doing this? What have I ever done to you?" SpongeBob spoke.

She did not answer, instead she brought her hand up and grabbed SpongeBob's tie, tightening it to the point of making him suffocate. SpongeBob grabbed onto Sandy's hands, trying desperately to find a way out, or pry her hands away.

"I'm the one who steers this ship, I'm the one who provides for ya, I'm the one who give ya yer paycheck at the end of the day!" She said.

He began to feel lightheaded. He knew he couldn't beat Sandy in a battle, it was impossible. She was a master at everything, and SpongeBob was lucky to even be in the same building as her. She would predict his next move, surely, and take him down easily. But he had nothing to lose, he had to save himself.

He wriggled in her grasp, even though his vision was getting blurry and dark. She chuckled at the ungainly thrashing he exhibited, failing to get even a single hit on her. She tightened the tie even more.

His skin had a blue pallor to it, he realized he was about to faint. He wondered if this was how it felt to die, restlessly wishing against it but still unable to stop fate. He didn't want to die, not yet, not while the war was still going strong. Not while Sandy would get away with this. Not while he had so much to live for.

She let go of him and he fell to the floor gasping for air, grasping his neck in distress. He coughed, hacked and spat upon the floor, he didn't even have time to think of how disgusting it was and crawled away from her.

"That should tell ya to respect me more. Get out of my office." She demanded.

He stumbled to his feet and walked warily to the door, stopping abruptly to turn back and see Sandy snarling at him. He gasped and left the room quickly.

On his way back to his room his mind swam with images, thoughts, and feelings of the incident. He felt as if he was a fool to think about dying from Sandy's hands, of course she wouldn't kill him. He was too valuable to her, right? Or recently, had he become a pain in her side? He knew the answer, but he didn't want to admit it.

He leaned on the wall of the corridor and sighed. His vision was still recovering, he was seeing stars. Who wouldn't? It had been just moments before where he had gotten choked; he never wanted to feel that pain again.

He lifted himself off the wall and began to walk again, smiling to a soldier walking past. The soldier gave him a slight nod and greeting before hurrying down the hall. SpongeBob found it a bit strange how fast he left, and was curious to what inclined him to do so. He shook off his feeling of uneasiness and walked forward, trying to forget about the events that happened earlier.