Battle Field

"Prepare the bombs," Robotnik said.

Squidward replied with an eager yes as he prepared the bombs for launch.

"When should we drop them?"

"When one of those idiots start attacking."

Robotnik moved the Eggmarine closer to Bikini Bottom, aggravating SpongeBob and Larry even further.

"One more movement and we shoot!" SpongeBob screamed.

The Eggmarine paused, and then Robotnik spoke through his microphone. "Are you too scared to shoot now?"

SpongeBob was about to shout back, but Larry stopped him. They were saying something Robotnik couldn't quite hear, which got on his nerves.

"Speak loud and clear! Or we're going to deploy our trump card!" After saying that a hush went over Bikini Bottom.

SpongeBob and Larry glanced at each other, and back to the soldiers.

"We aren't scared of you!" A lone soldier shouted from behind the baracade.

"Yeah, come at us!"

Suddenly cheers rang through the sea, Robotnik's face went red with anger. All of these stupid soldiers didn't know what they were in for, he had bombs strong enough to destroy the whole of Bikini Bottom.

"Deploy the bombs." He said grimly.

Squidward jolted from his sudden change in attitude, stopping for a second.

"Do it!" He yelled.

Squidward rushed, pushing the button to deploy the bombs. The bottom of the Eggmarine opened. To the horror of many creatures the bombs steadily dropped down, before landing on several buildings. SpongeBob and Larry shouted orders to begin fire, to which the soldiers did.

"Is everyone evacuated?" SpongeBob spoke into the radio.

"It was too late, not everyone got out in time. I have soldiers on it." Sandy replied.

SpongeBob placed the radio down, preparing his rifle. He couldn't help but shed a tear. Everyone in Bikini Bottom... surely they're safe, right?

----------------

"Im going down there now." Squidward said.

It had been 30 minutes into battle, many soldiers were left dead or severely injured. Squidward knew it was his time to shine. The plan: go down to Bikini Bottom injured, plead for help, and get on everyone's good side. He had to be careful, tug at everyone's heart strings.

And when they were most vulnerable, when he was considered trust worthy, he would stab them in their backs. This process would take weeks, maybe even months, but in the end it would work.

"You okay?" Robotnik asked.

He had to beat Squidward up to make it look believable, not to Squidwards surprise he was feeling lightheaded. No matter, this would just make his acting even better.

"Im fine, we better hurry, though. I don't want to be caught in the cross fire." Squidward replied.

Robotnik nodded, opening a hatch to let Squidward out. Squidward looked at Robotnik one last time before going, a solemn expression on his face.

"Dont betray me, Squidward."

"As if I could ever do that."

Squidward put his tentacle on Robotniks shoulder as they said goodbye. Squidward went up and out of the Eggmarine, as Robotnik rushed to the microphone.

"Oh poor SpongeBob, quivering behind his weak baracade. I have a present for you, even though it might die in a few minutes. HAHAHAHA!" Robotnik yelled.

Squidward landed on the ocean floor just in time, trembling and coughing. Catching everyone's attention, especially SpongeBob's.

"S-SQUIDWARD!" SpongeBob screamed.

SpongeBob was about to run to Squidward, But Larry stopped him.

"It might be a trick, he mightve put a bomb on him." Larry said.

SpongeBob looked at him scornfully. He didn't care if it was a trick, that was his bestfriend out there! And he was hurt.

SpongeBob ran to Squidward, scooping him up in his arms.

"Squidward... we all thought you were dead!" SpongeBob sobbed.

Squidward looked up at SpongeBob and cracked a weak smile.

"I... I'm sorry." Squidward said as he fainted.