Chapter 1-Why do novels always start with someone waking up?

As her consciousness leaned towards awareness, the flood of the sounds information surged into her. The sound of numerous leaves rubbing against each other. The sound of small birds cheerfully twittering away. Below them were the occasionally buzzing sounds from the insects. The faint murmuring sound of a small river from far away.

She pushed aside the desire to return to the deep sleep which still lingered, before finally opening her eyes.

She repeatedly blinked several times due to the sudden shot of numerous swaying beams of lights. As she rubbed her eyes, which were blurred with tears, with the back of her right hand, she slowly raised her upper body, to see small white and yellow flowers at various places on them, and the largest butterflies she had ever seen, they resembled a vaguely anthropomorphic butterfly with a purple body. Unlike true insects, it only had two body segments and four light blue legs. The upper pair of its legs resembled small, three-fingered hands, while the lower pair resembles long, digit-less feet. With two black antennaes, a light blue snout with two fangs underneath, and large, red compound eyes. Its two pairs of wings were white with black venation.

The carpet of grasses was cut off, from there on, was a stretch of deep forest, lined up with the huge gnarly trees which should have aged for tens of years.

As she focused her sight to the gloomy gap between the tree trunks, the grove of trees seemed to continue until the limit where light could reach. The rugged rippled tree bark and the ground were covered with thick moss, shining green and gold under the sun.

She glanced to the right, then turned around, she was greeted by old tree trunks from all directions. In other words, it seemed she was lying in a small circle of grasses in the opening of the forest. Lastly she looked upwards, and from the gap between the gnarled tree-tops stretching in all directions, it was the blue sky where the scattered clouds were drifting, like she had expected.

She searched every nook and corner of her head, but she couldn't find the memory of how she came to take a nap in this place. Sleepwalking?

Amnesia? As those dangerous words crossed her mind, no way, she quickly denied it. She remembered who she was and this wasn't the first time she had fallen in an unknown location...It happens a lot sadly.

After caressing her face and pulling at her hair several times, she listened to the uninterrupted sound of little birds twittering and leaves rubbing against each other, she recklessly tried to shake off a discomforting feeling which was creeping up from her waist when her eyes landed on a swarm of massive wasps.

She gasped, placed her hand over her chest and backed up, hating the sight of their massive large size and also the fact she hated bugs.

She stepped behind a tree and poked her head studying the swarm, going by slowly. She did notice unlike normal wasps these had four legs instead of six and lacked pigment pits. Their heads were round with slightly pointed mouths, large, red eyes, and black antennae with a sharp bend in the middle. Their forelegs were tipped with long, conical stingers. They seemed to stand on their other two legs, which were long, segmented, and insectoid in shape. And finally they had two pairs of rounded, veined wings, and another stinger on its yellow-and-black striped abdomen.

She took another step backwards, backing into a sign.

She whirled around, her eyes landing on a wooden sign that read. "Welcome to the Viridian Forest: Watch out for Bugs."

Wilfride held her belly as she was attacked by a sudden desire to burst out laughing, after she somehow managed to let it pass, she decided to exclude the third possibility as out of the question as well. As she lost sight of the border between the reality and non-reality, Wilfride felt as if she was starting to lose her sanity as well.