Chapter 9- The funny short chapter. No one will remember.

They finally made it out of the forest to the outskirts of town, stumbling across a bus stop and deciding to catch a ride the rest of the way. The sun already sunk low in the sky. They really didn't want to spend another night outdoors.

Wilfride watched the road leading to Cerulean City blur past, leaning against the window, Flareon nestled up against her legs. She urged to knock him off, but found the thick fur of his comforting for once. Domino sat next to her, taking notes of their time at Mt. Moon and what they discovered.

Wilfride breathed in; needing the reassurance from fur of the thing she was supposed to toss away.

All that energy she felt was just God giving her a clue.

Even now, here she was trying not to have a mental breakdown in the middle of the bus, while Domino sat next to her completely unruffled, head down in her notepad like the last few hours never happened.

This stupid world was after the one thing she desired more then anything.  Even more then going home.

The image of the blue flame came to her mind like a warm hand on her shoulder. Followed by an image of her old shop on Elyon, that Ice Smith shop she built herself.  Just to sell her Ice weapons to the Northern people. And the cold day, where the door opened, the sound of the Ice bell drawing her out from the back and locking eyes with the pair of vivid blue eyes that would change her life.

She sighed, looking down forlornly at Flareon hunkered down at her feet. The fox was curled up, enjoying the fact Wilfride had not sent him flying yet. She regretted dragging him and Domino anyone into this mess. He was a wimp but he was sweet to and Wilfride couldn't help but wonder why he was so attached to someone he just met. Maybe the same way she was.

Wilfride stroked Flareon's fur gently, apologizing silently for all her transgressions. The fox looked up with wide eyes.

Cerulean City was a mid-sized city with a channel of water just to the north. Downtown consisted of several popular shops and attractions, while the outskirts contained most of the residential buildings. Best part, the little amount of trees allowed the bright, warm sunshine to be felt from anywhere in the city.

"So this is Cerulean City, huh? Pretty nice place, isn't it?" Domino said, Pichu and Flareon nodding.

"Yeah, whatever. We're not here to sightsee," Wilfride said, feeling the Flareon rub against her leg like a cat. "Ahh," Wilfride took a step away from him. "Don't do that. I told you not to do that."

"He likes you," Domino said.

"That's not my fault." Wilfride said, looking from Domino to Flareon. "Look. I get it. You were probably captured by Team Rocket and experimented on and all that sad back story stuff, but you still have to face it. Head on. Like a glacier. Or in your case, a firey fur ball."

"I'm going to head to the Pokemon Center, to get Pichu, Pidgey and Caterpie fixed up before the battle."

Wilfride looked up. "You didn't even use the bug."

"Better safe than sorry," Domino called, running across the street where the Pokemon Center was.

Wilfride rolled her eyes and looked back to the Flareon. "Now, if we're going to stop Team Rocket from getting the Eternal Flame, which could be in this very Gym. You need a confidence boost. Which means, I need a Pokemon you can beat around all day and won't feel a thing," Wilfride looked around the around the city. "Something I can use to make you less of a coward."

Wilfride's eyes landed a booth a block away. "Bingo." She looked down at the Flareon and gestured it to follow her. "Come on,"

The first thing she saw when approached the booth was the large tank with large red fish, swimming in it. "What are those? Gold fish?"

"I am proud you asked, little lady." The man standing behind the fish tank said. "These are the rarest of creatures in all of Kanto. The Magikarp,"

Wilfride looked down at the fish, eyeing the dull eyes they had.

"They don't look like a rare thing." Wilfride replied blankly. "They kind of look...dumb,"

"It's a ruse, to fool strangers." The man said.

Wilfride took a deep breath. "Look, I don't care it's rare, stupid or a fish. I just need something weak to teach the fox to fight back."

"Then this the perfect Pokémon for you,"

After gibing the man three Elyon gems, she had in her bag, Wilfride took the fish to a large park where Water Pokemon could be seen everywhere with their trainers. Wilfride chose a secluded spot by the river that flowed through the park. She set the fish down, and watched it splash around on the grass.

Wilfride sighed at what her life has come to.

"Alright," She said to the Flareon. "Were going to start off small...All I want you to do is place your paw on the fish."

Flareon looked from Wilfride to the Magikarp, trembling slightly.

Taking a deep breath, Flareon approached the fish, and sat down an inch away. He stared at the Magikarp as it lay on the ground, locking eyes with it.

After several minutes, Flareon forced his paw off the ground, and gently lowered it on the fish, turning his head away and clenching his eyes shut.

After a few moments, Flareon opened his eyes and looked back to the fish, his paw still on its scaly body.

"Yes. We have-," Wilfride could only get out a few words  when she heard whoosh sound coming from behind. She turned around to see a Pokeball spinning towards her, slamming in her face and knocking her off her feet.

Sitting up, Wilfride groaned and rubbed her cheek where the ball struck. She looked down, where the ball had landed and picked up just as a loud rustling was heard.

Flareon gasped, and ran for Wilfride, darting around behind her and placing his paws over his eyes.

The bushes opened and a dark haired boy wearing a red and white hat stumbled out. Allowing Wilfride to see he also had a blue vest with yellow outlines. His Indigo shorts had black outlines coming from each side and black sneakers with blue highlights and a white "X" on front respectively.

His eyes landed on Wilfride then the Flareon before his eyebrows lifted and he blushed. "Oh, I didn't see this Flareon already had a trainer."

 Wilfride's eyes widened.

"Trainer?!!!" She shouted, getting to her feet and storming up to the boy. "I am not his trainer,"

The boy blinked, holding up another Pokeball. "In that case, can I catch it?"

"....NO!!!"

The boy looked at the Magikarp then to the Flareon. "Looks like you were training to me,"

"Wilfride," A familiar voice shouted. Then Domino came out from around a tree, with the Pichu on her head. "Were ready for the gym battle,"

Domino spotted the boy, who grew an eager face. "Are you going to the Cerulean Gym?

"Yeah, I am on way to get the badge." Domino said, sharing the same eager tone.

"That's so cool; I'm headed back to Pallet Town,"

Wilfride watched the two go back and forth, sharing the same eager and happy tone that made her stomach churn.

I'm losing my mind, she thought, rubbing her head.

The Magikarp suddenly splashed around and leaped into the air suddenly, landing in the river.

"Hey. That's my dinner!" Wilfride cried, running up to the river to see the Magikarp to see the fish giving her a blank dumb stare.

"Hey. I didn't say you can leave," Wilfride spat.

Flareon ran up at her side and nodded.

Just then a large dark shadow came up from under the Magikarp. Then before Wilfride could even react a large whale Pokemon shot up from the water, clamping its mouth shut over the Magikarp and disappearing under the water once more, leaving Wilfride and Flareon, wide eyed with their jaws dropped.