Chapter 6- The city that has a Rock infestation.

"This city has a serious rock problem," Wilfride muttered after they grabbed breakfast from a small shop on their way to Pewter City's gym. Domino had exactly $3.00 left in her wallet, which she painstakingly counted out in exchange for a stale pastry in the clearance bin.

 Wilfride was eyeing the streets and seeing how boulders lined the streets. Folks were selling rocks and what was worse was people were buying the rocks for hefty prices.
Domino agreed with Wilfride when a woman wearing a necklace made of rocks walked by, flashing it like they were diamonds.

They strolled along the street, eating as they went. Pichu wasted no time in scarfing down his portion of stale pastry, and looked pleadingly at Domino for her half.

They finally arrived at the massive gym. Domino, eager to test herself, practically ran to the front desk to inquire about fight schedules, while Wilfride slowly took in the interior.

In one corner of the gym, she found a row of photos lining the wall, all previous challengers who earned their Boulder Badge. There were a surprising number. Did every newly minter trainer saunter up and get a badge off this guy? Maybe Domino's confidence wasn't misplaced. This gym leader—Brock, she read—must be a total pushover.

Starting to get bored, she turned around to go find Domino. She was standing around near the middle of the gym, waiting impatiently for the previous battle to wrap up. Wilfride reached out and tugged on her jacket for attention. Domino turned around, explaining there would be a preliminary match against a junior trainer first, before the gym leader deigned to come out.

So the turned around and settled in to wait on the bench. She spied Domino's pack nearby, just sitting there innocently with a brown paper bag barely visible.

Cheering rose up from around the ring. Wilfride hadn't been paying attention to the battle, but spied the kid Domino had been talking to earlier storm past him with a dark look on his face. He must have just lost.

Domino walked up to Wilfride and Flareon. "I guess we should decide who is going to battle,"

Wilfride looked up puzzled. "You're the one with the Pokemon goals. I plan on staying here, watching you get pummeled with rocks."

Domino reached out and grabbed her arm and pulled Wilfride to her feet. "Use Flareon and battle the first time,"

"Why?"

"So I can study how the Gym Leader battles and take notes." Domino stated.

Wilfride lifted her eyebrows. "You're kidding, right? You want the fox to get pelted with rocks so you can take notes."

"He's fire; he might have a better chance than Pichu,"

"He's a coward."

"Well, fix that."

Wilfride shook her head, giving a sigh.

Domino smiled and gave Wilfride thumbs up. "And don't use the Ice; just pretend you're a normal human trainer." With that Domino ushered Wilfride to the front.

When she got to the stage, with Flareon.

"Did I hear a lovely maiden call my name?" A voice trilled behind them. Wilfride silently groaned.

"Are you a fan of mine, sweetheart?" A tan man who could only be Brock leaned into his space suggestively. Wilfride shifted back. Seriously? He's not doing what I think he's doing?

Brock grabbed her gloved hand and held it tightly. "Please tell me your name so that I may emblazon it upon my heart."

Her cheeks flushed as her thoughts shouted. HE IS DOING WHAT I THINK HE'S DOING!!!