Chapter 2- How they lost to a blueberry?

This world is crazy. Wilfride was not afraid to say.

They don't have Keepers, but instead creatures called Pokemon, where they leave home at age ten usually and go collect these creatures then use them to battle each other. The whole concept is bizarre and a little morbid when you try to think about it...Don't try to think about it.

When Wilfride pushed through another thick patch of bushes, she stumbled a bit, nearly running into a large sign that arched over the road that said.

"Welcome to Viridian City: We have less bugs here."

Wilfride lifted her eyebrows, not noticing Domino stumble out behind her. "You have powers,"

"No more than usual," Wilfride replied. "Don't you have folks with gifts?"

"Uh, not that many," Domino said. "And they usually keep their distance,"

The city was immaculate, busy cars zoomed by on the roads while people and Pokémon crossing the avenues between buildings, it was crowded and noisy and within the gates, that were made of colored glass, not parchment.

Even among the homeless, Pokemon sat next to them; one was even pushing a cart as a homeless man was collecting cans out of the trash bins.

Something besides more homeless waited outside a local tavern, however. A large group of folks had surrounded something at a distance and got Wilfride's attention, who nudged Domino, and pointed towards them. "What's going on over there?"

"My guess is someone is having a Pokemon battle," Domino said. "Someone must be putting on a show." Domino grabbed her arm. "Come one, I'll show you!"

Domino forced herself and Wilfride through the crowd of people and Pokemon just in time to see one Pokemon that looked like a blueberry slam into a duck, who fell to the ground.

"What are they doing?" Wilfride asked.

Domino sighed. "You really aren't from this world. Their battling, just like I told you about."

"Seems a stupid way to fight if you ask me, the humans here use these things to fight their own battles."

This is another world, Wilfride thought, but not so different from the world she knew.

"Psyduck." One of the trainers cried, running up to its Pokemon.

The square was dominated by more people doing battles with their Pokemon and it didn't seem like anyone but her saw it as wrong.

Wilfride's eyes landed the round bodied creature that took down the duck and saw it's beady red eyes, small mouth, and ovoid feet that approached them. Five large, green leaves sprouted from its head. A girl with curly red hair stood behind the creature and pointed to Wilfride.

"My Oddish wants to challenge your Flareon." She said, pointing at the fox thing at Wilfride's feet.

"One: The fox thing is not mine and Two: I have no intention of fighting the blueberry, not unless I'm going to make a salad."

"You're afraid I'll win." She gloated.

Seeing the blue color, Wilfride looked at Domino.

"What is this thing and how do I put it on a salad?"

Domino blinked. "I'll look at the guide." Domino then reached into her bag and pulled out a small red book, opened it and started flipping through the pages as Pichu climbed up on her head. "Oddish...Oddish...Oh, no. That's an Oddish. A Grass type,"

"So what? It shoots grass or something?"

"Eh, sort of," Domino's only reply as she shifted through the book some more. "And you have a... Flareon...Ah...Here, it is...Flareon, the Evolution of Eevee when exposed to a Fire Stone. When storing thermal energy in its body, its temperature could soar to over 1600 degrees."