Chapter 27

Samantha's

"Tumahimik ka kung gusto mong makausap ang anak mo." I heard Tita Veron said before I could step my feet on the stairs.

Who are they talking? Mon?

Mon is her daughter too? What?

When I arrived infront of my girlfriend's room ay kumatok ako agad.

"Baby?" I heard some foot steps patungong pintuan but she didn't open the door yet.

"Baby, it's me." sabi ko ulit.

Again, no responds from her again.

"I miss you so much. I was worried yesterday about you, you're not answering my calls." sabi ko.

"Baby, please let me in. I got jetlag pa from the flight, I want to rest beside you." I'm trying to make my voice sounds so very tired para lang pagbuksan ako.

But still no response from her.

"Alright, I'll wait for you downstairs baby." sabi ko at dinikit ang tenga sa pintuan niya.

"I love you." sabi ko.

I was going to turn around when her door finally opened.

I saw her looking down. Agad akong lumapit sa kaniya at niyakap siya.

"God, what happened to you?" I asked her.

But instead of answering me, I heard her sniffing and started crying.

Bumitaw ako sa pagkakayakap sa kaniya and locked her door again.

Inalalayan ko siyang maupo sa kama niya.

"Baby, what's wrong? Tell me please." I asked her.

"May nangyari ba? May kinalaman ba yung bisita niyo sa baba? What happened?" I asked again.

"Nandyan siya sa baba?" tanong niya. Her red nose and cheeks are showing.

"Yes, who is she? Siya ba ang dahilan kung bakit nagkukulong ka sa kwarto mo, baby? tanong pero mabilis siyang umiling.

"Why are you here? Nasa Paris ka dapat, Sam." She changed the topic.

"I was so worried baby, you're not picking up your phone." sagot ko.

"I'm sorry. I'm just a little upset." sabi niya tsaka yumuko.

"You can tell me what makes you upset, Mon." sabi ko.

And there she is, she brokedown on my shoulder again.

She's crying so I hugged her so tight to make her feel that I am here who she can tell her problems with.

"Just cry, baby. Let your burdens be free." I whispered and brushed her back using my hands.

"I j-just can't process e-everything. Knowing that I have two moms and they kept it from me for a long time." Bigla naman akong naguluhan sa sinabi niya.

"What is it, baby? Two mom?" paninigurado ko.

Tumango naman siya.

"The w-woman downstairs is my m-mom too." natigilan naman ako sa sinabi niya.

Her mom too? What? How?

"Nakakagulat 'di ba? That's my reaction too nung nalaman ko." sabi niya.

"Oh that was... that was a big revelation, baby." sabi ko sa kaniya.

"Yes, they were once married. And they did an IVF kaya daw ako nabuo."I was so stunned right now, I mean wow.

"And that's what makes you unique, baby." she looked at me with those fluffy eyes and red nose.