Prologue

“Are you okay?” Sofia asked me as we walked inside Ridgecrest Academy.

“Do I look okay?” I asked her back.

I observed this academy. I can say that it is wider and beautiful compared to our school.

“Let me guess... is that because of your students here, right?”

I click my tongue. “I don’t want to teach those stubborn gangsters!”

“Sus! Kayang-kaya mo naman sila. Ang sadista mo kaya!” Tapos bigla na lang siyang tumawa kaya binatukan ko siya nang malakas.

She glare at me while rubbing her neck.

“Ang sama mo...” nakasimangot niyang bulong.

Pinagtitinginan kaming apat ng mga estudyante rito. Meanwhile our two male companions were being flirted with by other girls.

“Mahirap talaga maging guwapo!” Darwin said as he ran his fingers through his hair.

“Ang yabang!” pagpaparinig naman sa kanya ni Eunice.

Darwin glared at her. “What did you say?” His thick eyebrows were raised.

“Did I say something?” patay-malisyang nitong tanong.

He was about to attack her, mabuti na lang mabilis pumagitna si Kuya Roman upang awatin sila.

“That’s enough!” he stopped the two were arguing so they immediately fell silent.

Roman Austin Servantes is the oldest of us because he is 23 years old. Sumunod sina Madeline Vasquez, Darwin Sythe at Eunice Azalea na 22 years old. While Sofia Teagan are 21 years old.

And of course, I was the youngest student teacher of Merrol Hyde Academy.

Six of us were assigned here at Ridgecrest Academy. Sa kasamaang palad ay napunta ako sa hinahawakang section ni Brinley.

“Mauna na kami.” Nagpaalam sa amin sina Madeline at Eunice.

“Alright! Let’s meet later at the faculty,” Darwin said.

I just nodded to both of them before they parted ways on us.

“Ihahatid ka na namin, bunso,” prisinta ni Kuya Roman sabay akbay sa akin.

Hindi ako kumibo. Tanging tango lang ang nagawa ko.

Despite being unica hija, I was still lucky because some how I felt like having a sister and brother—and that’s because of them.

I stopped walking before I faced them.

Tumigil din sila na may pagtatakang tingin.

“Dito na lang,” pigil ko sa kanila nang malapit na kami sa tarangkahan.

“Are you sure?” Kumunot ang noo ni Kuya Roman.

I nodded in response.

“Call my name when those gangsters hurt you!” Darwin said arrogantly.

“Ano ba kayo! Kayang-kaya niyang upakan ang mga iyon!” pagsasabat naman ni Sofia.

I was about to hit her with the book I was holding, but she quickly moved away and gave me a peace sign.

Pinukol ko siya ng masamang tingin.

“Be careful,” nag-aalalang habilin ni Kuya Roman. 

By looking them, I showed that I was fine and they have nothing to worry about me.

Pinanood ko silang umalis.

Mabuti na lang hindi sila nagpumilit na ihatid ako sa loob. It was too dangerous for them to enter the territory of gangsters.