Chapter 1

“Who are you?”

Napalingon ako sa lalaking nakaupo sa dulo. He raised an eyebrow while observing my whole body.

Napaiwas ako ng tingin.

I looked around at the young men who were also looking at me.

And I was surprised because I only had thirteen students!

Hindi ko maitatanggi na napakaamo ng kanilang mukha. Parang silang anghel kung pagmasdan subalit demonyo naman sa kaloob-looban.

“My name is Brielle Lauren Griffin, 17 years old and I am the temporary teacher in this section.” I introduced myself.

“What?”

“Seriously?”

“What the hell!”

“No way!”

“Are you kidding?”

Samut-saring komento nila. Napahampas pa ang ilan sa kani-kanilang armchair at napatayo sa sobrang gulat.

Who wouldn’t be surprised that a 17 years old would be teach them?

“Hoy babae! Pinagloloko mo ba kami?!” sigaw ng lalaking may burdadong tattoo sa leeg habang dinuduro-duro ako.

“Do I look like I’m kidding?” I asked him back in an irritated voice.

“Isang katulad mo ang magtuturo sa amin? Kalokohan!” The red-haired boy shouted. Padabog itong lumabas sa classroom.

I can’t blame them if they don’t want to believe with me.

“Where is Mrs. Griffin?” tanong ng lalaking singkit ang mga mata. He wasn’t looking at me but instead focused on the book he was holding, slowly turning each page.

“Mrs. Griffin will not able to teach you in this month because she has something important to do in California. That’s why I will be your temporary teacher while she’s not here...” I explained to them. “and by the way, I am the daughter of Brinley. Nice to meet you all Section Gang!” dugtong ko pa.

It is against my will to introduce myself as the daughter of their adviser. I really have no choice but to tell the truth so they know I’m not joking here.

“How can we make sure that you are good at teaching?” interogasyon ng lalaking unang nakapansin sa akin.

“I’m the student teacher from Merrol Hyde Academy.”

He nodded slowly but he didn’t seem convinced by what I said.

They obviously don’t like me and they don’t agree with me being their temporary teacher.

“Before we start, I want you to introduce yourself in front of me.”

I leaned on the edge of table and crossed my arms as I looked around at them.

They still look at me so bad that you think I’m their enemy. While the others have no emotion in their eyes.

How can Brinley endure the behavior of these gangsters? With so many sections here at Ridgecrest Academy, why was I assigned to this Section Gang?

“Let’s start with you!” I pointed to the little boy in front, near the door.

Padabog itong tumayo at halos hindi na maipinta ang kaniyang mukha sa pagkakabusangot. “My name is Evan Sebastian, 13 years old,” pagpapakilala niya at saka pabagsak na umupo.

Suplado!

“Josiah Cohen at your service, Miss.” He winked at me while grinning.

Hula ko manyak ang lalaking ito!