The Rescue

As soon as she took one step on the staircase she heard screams and groanings.
She couldn't see anyone, yet.
She now realized it was better if Sturmhond was with her, but he would have fallen of the wire as soon as he stepped on it.
She didn't know whether the show was still going or not, but as soon as she was on the first floor on top she saw cells without prisoners in them, she picked up her pace silently and did not stop to look until she reached the very fistt floor before then, making sure she was really on the first, she amde her way up again, to the second.
She read each number.
67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77 and 78.
She smiled and looked inside the cell only to find the same prisoner of the first scene.

Her heart fell.

"No, no, no, no, no" she whispered just for her to hear.
The woman's gonna kill me.
She accumulated power in her hand and slowly and carefully tried to touch his chest, where his heart did not beat. The power rushed through him, she could see that as it was illuminating the cell and the cell behind her and still he didn't seem to move.
Her veins glowed with a deep blue color, with white in the middle.

She removed her hand and at her sudden movement she fell back and heared footsteps growing closer and closer.

There was no place to hide.

She took out her knives and held them at her sides careful not to make a sound.
There was a moment of silence, until Inara heard shooting.
Oh, Saints help me.

She figured the Hellshow ended as she dodge these bullets, she ran toward the staircase and felt something hit her arm, she groaned in pain, it burned but she knew it would heal.
The guards did not stop shooting, Inara threw one knife at the closest guard, aiming for the throat.
Then she threw another one to the guard near the one on the ground, still aiming for the throat and as he feel to the ground with a loud thud, she just heard footsteps, louder and they approach.
Inara just ran up the stairs knowing this time she had no time to reflect on her past or future.
She held her arms out as she moved up the stairs.
And it felt like hours until she reached the battlement, the guards were yelling and running, fully confident about a knew prisoner.
She looked down and found no boat.
He really left her?

She muttered a prayer before she jumped.

꧁꧂

I was outside with my mother as I run around and jumped happily, the sun was shining and mama was smiling as she peeled potatoes.
She was singing a song in Suli, it was delicate and sweet and with her gentle voice it was everything.
She sang it everyday around me.
She stopped singing and spoke "You will meet someone special today, my love".

I smiled widely "Who?"

My mama smiled and nodded her head and looked behind me.
I saw a girl with a mother and father walking side by side towards us.
I turned around to give mama a confused look.
"Them?"

Mama smiled and nodded.
Mama yelled "They're here" to her baba, the door opened and baba stepped outside smiling and waved once, the man with his wife and daughter waved too.
They slowly got nearer and nearer to us, the little girl smiled shyly and I did too.
"We're twins!" I said eagerly as I and her held out our hair "They're both so long!" the girl besides me said, Inej.
"I'm Inej" that time she smiled happily.
"I'm Inara" I smiled so widely my cheeks hurt.
We played the whole day, ate lunch together and then I showed her my room.

We played with my toys sitting on the carpet and my mama and baba spoke to her mama and baba drinking tea.
Inej spoke "Can we come back tomorrow?" her parents smiled