My Inara

A nice lady showed Inara to her room.
"Thank you" Inara said as she closed the door behind her after stepping in the room.
Oh, Saints. This is the nicest room I've had since I was fifteen.
A small smile appeared on her face as she looked around and forgot for a second everything that happened today, the crashing, the revealing of who she really was, the Sanctuary, the stares and the proposal to someone who was not her.

She did not wish yet for marriage, and she knew he could have never asked her since everything would happen negatively, she shook her head as if to kick that thought away and rummaged through drawers and the closet for a nightgown and when she finally did find the dark blue night gown she stripped out of her clothes and wore it.
She stood in front of a mirror, and yet in the dark she could see her scars running along her arm, she turned around and saw the ones visible on her back, she stared at them long enough for her to ask herself a question.

Were these created on my body because of my braveness or weakness?

She placed her knives on the bedside table and one underneath her pillow and one under the mattress.
She sealed the window shut and as she was about to lay down she heard a voice.

Oh, Saints. The Darkling.

'Hello, Moon Summoner' .

He stood in front of her, looking down at her with a straight face, he had the same scars on his face as he did when she once saw him.

"Kirigan? I suppose?"

'I see you' ve learnt my name, Inara Vensik'

Her name coming out of his mouth was the most wrong thing.

"I see you know the best time to visit me. Get out of my head".

'Oh, darling. I am quite real. And you look exactly how I thought you looked in the Moonlight. Powerful.'

"We will tear down the Fold, Kirigan. I promise you that and you will go through pain until you take your last breath. I can guarantee you that."

'You must be so foolish. I'm still alive. I am the most Powerful'.

"I might be foolish, but I promise you that if you don't die in your own, I will find a way to haunt you until I get a chance to slit your throat. You think I'm incapable of doing things on my own, you are most wrong."

He looked as if anger had grew inside of him because of her words and security as she said them.
He stepped closer until his hands were on her neck.

"You have nothing to say".

'These scars. We have that in common, my Inara. These were once wounds and now are still not properly healed. I can heal you, my Inara. The scars on your arms, and back are healed. The scars on the inside are not. I can help. Me, you and Alina.
We were always meant to be from the very beginning. Don't you see that? '

"We were never meant to be. You are a monster. A monster. A coward. Hidden. And for what? You know you're too weak. I know it. Alina knows it.
Everyone knows you're a coward hidden in the comfort of darkness."

' You were made for this, my Inara '

At that he strangled her, his grip was to tight and she could do nothing about that but watch a smile grow on his lips, she tried to reach for one of her knives and successfully grabbed ahold on one of them and stabber him in the arm and he let go off of her.
He winced in pain, glared at her and vanished.
The room suddenly felt cold. She looked around and found no trace of the Darkling.