Tied

Inara sighed as soon as she stepped foot inside her room, she felt this deep feeling and now she accepts it since he kissed her, and yet she cannot speak its name as she knows it will end with them following different roads, although it will add pain to her life once again.
But his eyes on her, him wanting all of it made her forget the ongoing Great War.

She has fought past wars just to encounter another war.
Or maybe it was one Great War with so many vows made and different levels of it and she still was fighting it, surviving.
Inara closed her eyes as they threatened to spill tears, she shook her head squeezing her eyes taking a few steps forward until she touched the edge on the bed and slid down slowly and carefully.

You know the consequences.

She didn't know if that was her voice in her head on Heleen's. But she wasn't at the Menagerie anymore, she could spill tears and not be punished for feeling or showing some kind of humanity in her.
Inara always thought Tante Heleen hated when her girls cried because she despised seeing them as humans.
As people with vulnerability, she taught them how to be objects, for a man's pleasure and advantages.

Why?

Moments of Inara with Inej as kids appeared in her mind, she kept her hand pressed against her eyes as she felt sorry for disappointing young Inara, the one who thought would be still with mama and baba, performing and still in a house full of laughter.
Inara looked back when Heleen started demanding Inara to do what she wanted 'Be loud if they ask. Stay quiet if they don't'.
'Do not speak unless asked to'.
'Show pleasure'
'Do what you are told'
'Whether it hurts or not I do not care, if something goes wrong I will hear about it and you mnwo what happen, play little lynx?'

'Do not forget that you are an object, do what you are told'

꧁꧂

"We need you in the war room" one said to Alina, the young girl glanced at Inara she shrugged and they all made their way toward it.
As they walked and got nearer, Inara fekt some strange feeling in her back and her mind went back to the black veins, he heart pounded as teht reached the room and saw a man with his hands tied.

He looks quite awful.

"David"

David waved innocently and Inara's eyes turned to look at Nikolai looking concerned.
"Oh, so you do know him, he claims to have escaped from a very alive General Kirigan. He gave himself up without a struggle. We found this on him" Nikolai walked toward Alina, Inara observed from besides Mal who looked bothered.
"He says it's one of Morozova's journals," he turned around "I, for one, am dying to know more, but he insisted to speak with you".

"Alina" David began and took a step forward e fire Tolya stopped him from doing so, David did not seem so bothered and took a step back as he continued to speak "I know I wronged you. Please believe I regret my role in that deeply. I know you have reason to distrust me, but I have no loyalty to General Kirigan".

"He survived the Volcra?"
"I'm afraid so".

Inara took a deep silent breath as her heart burned, she was surprised Alina did nor know, has she not been having these 'visions'?
Inara placed her hand over her heart as David spoke, from the corner of her eye she saw mal turning his head towards her direction.
"He aslo knows that you survived and you're in East Ravka.
He thinks the Moon Summoner is alive" Inara felt eyes on her, and with the silent David seemed to understand.
"Tell us where he is" Mal demanded.
Inara expected David so tell them where Kirigan was immediately but he refused.
"No, no, no. Mm-mm. That would be a very bad idea-"